Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink tap not working

Roy C

Picked up my van today and sink and rear shower attachment now working with the new pump. It does seem that at some point the tap was operated with an empty water tank somehow and the pump motor burnt out. Anyway, all set for the first trip away and the campsite (in Alton, Staffs) phoned to say they are basically closed because the field is too boggy and there is more rain and snow on Monday to come. :(

JaanL

Hi Roy C,
Seems I have the same issue with the pump, as after the winter sink tap is not functioning anymore, neither shower connection. Filled in the fresh water and nothing...long trip ahead now, Do you have any part number of pump on the invoivce maybe or somewhere possible to find?
Thanks

Roy C

Hi Roy C,
Seems I have the same issue with the pump, as after the winter sink tap is not functioning anymore, neither shower connection. Filled in the fresh water and nothing...long trip ahead now, Do you have any part number of pump on the invoivce maybe or somewhere possible to find?
Thanks
Hi, I am away for a few days (not in the campervan!) so cannot check the invoice but I am back on Sunday so will check then. Not sure if it specified the part number but it was the pump itself that needed to be replaced.

Roy C

Hi, I am away for a few days (not in the campervan!) so cannot check the invoice but I am back on Sunday so will check then. Not sure if it specified the part number but it was the pump itself that needed to be replaced.
@JaanL I'm back now and have looked in my files but cannot find the invoice for the pump replacement so unfortunately I cannot give you the part number or details - sorry!

rayq

@JaanL - looks like I also require a pump replacement! It's a 2017 250 D Sport and pump worked up to a few weeks ago. Just got around to checking it out last weekend and went through all the helpful advice on this thread and much appreciated, however no joy and a replacement 10A fuse has also blown. Plan to book it in with the dealer in Doncaster and would be helpful to quote a part number. Did you have any success following Roy C's response. Thanks in advance. Ray

JaanL

Hello @rayq,
In my case 10A fuse change did not solved the problem. Pump was out of order. I was travelling in the Netherlands and managed to change the pump in the Wolkswagen Camper center in Amersfoort. www.volkswagencampers.nl . Very professional service. Less than a hour waiting time in a beautiful and stylish showroom with free coffe:)
On the invoice material number V7E7963385 Doppelpomp , cost 37,15 euros + VAT. Total cost with replacement 106 euros incl. VAT.
If search in Google then without "V" letter can give some results.

If any help from my info, good.
Have a great summer!

rayq

Hello @rayq,
In my case 10A fuse change did not solved the problem. Pump was out of order. I was travelling in the Netherlands and managed to change the pump in the Wolkswagen Camper center in Amersfoort. www.volkswagencampers.nl . Very professional service. Less than a hour waiting time in a beautiful and stylish showroom with free coffe:)
On the invoice material number V7E7963385 Doppelpomp , cost 37,15 euros + VAT. Total cost with replacement 106 euros incl. VAT.
If search in Google then without "V" letter can give some results.

If any help from my info, good.
Have a great summer!
@JaanL - much appreciated and that's been really helpful. Will first see what the dealer in Doncaster can do next week and meanwhile resorting to a 25L water container! Happy summer travelling to you too

rayq

@Gabrg3 ... check the fuse and if that’s blown then it’s possible the pump has burnt out. MB in Doncaster replaced ours under warranty ... excellent service too. BW rayq

askho

So I was thinking of going to Wales tomorrow. Filled the water tank up and the bloody sink tap and shower didn't work. First thought was the fuses but haven't got a clue where they are.
Went to the local MB dealer, Sytner in Milton Keynes. Told them the situation and asked nicely if they could check the fuses. They did and there was nothing wrong and there was power to the pump. So they concluded the pump was faulty, apparently quite common. It needed a new pump but they haven't got one in stock. Luckily MB HQ is local in MK and they actually went and collected one and fitted it. All is well now.
Many thanks to Sytner, highly recommended. Full credit to them, I had no appointment and they were busy and they fitted me in.
They give out a leaflet about the pump and shower. Can't use it for more than 10, 15 minutes. Tiny pump, will burn out. So beware.

Epigram

So I was thinking of going to Wales tomorrow. Filled the water tank up and the bloody sink tap and shower didn't work. First thought was the fuses but haven't got a clue where they are.
Went to the local MB dealer, Sytner in Milton Keynes. Told them the situation and asked nicely if they could check the fuses. They did and there was nothing wrong and there was power to the pump. So they concluded the pump was faulty, apparently quite common. It needed a new pump but they haven't got one in stock. Luckily MB HQ is local in MK and they actually went and collected one and fitted it. All is well now.
Many thanks to Sytner, highly recommended. Full credit to them, I had no appointment and they were busy and they fitted me in.
They give out a leaflet about the pump and shower. Can't use it for more than 10, 15 minutes. Tiny pump, will burn out. So beware.
No advice in the MB manual about limitations of use but 10 to 15 minutes is quite long. Might be worth scanning the leaflet and posting the information on the pump. .

askho

No advice in the MB manual about limitations of use but 10 to 15 minutes is quite long. Might be worth scanning the leaflet and posting the information on the pump. .
I can't scan it but I will copy the relevant part
"The permitted running cycle is 15 minutes running time, 15 minutes cooling time. Maximum dry running time 30 minutes without pump damage"
My dealer told me mine was the first pump they had to replace. However they said it's a common problem. They showed me a printout of a circular from MB which told them so. Maybe that's why they have the leaflet to warn owners.
Btw, it's a Comet pump if anyone knows anything about it.

ivette007

Hi, can anyone please tell me what fuse no 2 for the water tab looks like? We got a van yesterday but there is no fuse for the water tab so I will have to get one. I just don't know which one it is that goes in that slot.

Steve B

Hi, they are standard blade fuses you can get from Halfords or the like, its a 10A and I think are red in colour.
1683353372291.png