Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shore power not charging leisure battery

KDM

Ours charges while driving, but when I plug it into shore power overnight the battery drains. We did a 30 mile trek across town Saturday; no driving, no shore power Sunday, just checked and it's at 12.2V with 4 bars and the fridge (our main interest these days--hot summer here in Italy) will power right up. Friday night I hooked up shore power, with power from my commute in the battery, come Saturday morning no bars! No fridge! I'm wondering if there could be a short in the van's shore power connector? Anyone hear of such an issue? I had my electrician check out my shore power connection in our garage and he said it's sending and it's clean power, meaning right where it should be with no spikes or lows. Now, all this said, it is a 2018 model so I get it that I'm due for the replacement of both, although no issues with the starter (yet), just odd it charges during driving but not from shore power. Up until this summer it would keep things cold all day while I'm at work, if I set it higher than the second bar things would get slushy. This summer it won't make it through and 8 hour shift while sitting in the sun. The box gets hot, can't have exploding Prosecco bottles now can we! TIA, KDM

PS Has anyone lithium for the leisure battery yet? I hear it holds more of a charge longer.