Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Setting Dipped Headlights - LHS/RHS

GeorgeG

Can someone please enlighten me regarding the dipped headlight setting for driving in continental Europe. In the Lights Submenu on the OBC it refers to the two settings available as either ‘right-side traffic’ or ‘left-side traffic’. It’s not clear to me (thick!) if it means the setting is for e.g. traffic approaching being on the right side or left side; or the MP being on the RHS or LHS. Please help!

Epigram

Potentially ambiguous, but I think left traffic means driving on the left side of the road.
That’s the reasoning I have applied and I don’t appear to give oncoming traffic problems with my lights here or abroad.

As an aside my 2019 VW has no adjustment at all and, after a lot of investigation by the dealer I was provided with a manual reference that confirms the lights do not require adjustment between LHD and RHD and that beam deflectors are not required.
Possibly as a result of the compromise the lights are not very good compared to the oMP.

GeorgeG

Potentially ambiguous, but I think left traffic means driving on the left side of the road.
That’s the reasoning I have applied and I don’t appear to give oncoming traffic problems with my lights here or abroad.

As an aside my 2019 VW has no adjustment at all and, after a lot of investigation by the dealer I was provided with a manual reference that confirms the lights do not require adjustment between LHD and RHD and that beam deflectors are not required.
Possibly as a result of the compromise the lights are not very good compared to the oMP.
Many thanks for prompt reply.