Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing Costs

j80agb

It’s worth having a look around. Assuming you’ll keep the van for some time ( like me) mine is up for its first B service this year
I’ve found a garage where the techs are all ex Merc, use Merc equipment, Merc parts and oil and can add to the electronic log book. Will do all in £360 including file filter which is required at year 4.
i think that’s a bargain. I’m content to wait a further to get the transmission oil done in what is year 6 with the A service. I think my B is good value for that
Hey Andofire - I'm in Bristol and our MP needs a B service - could you share the details of your garage please? Thanks!

Carol

Hey Andofire - I'm in Bristol and our MP needs a B service - could you share the details of your garage please? Thanks!
I live in Colchester but my son is in Somerset, this is on route , so next service will be there

Method7

It’s worth having a look around. Assuming you’ll keep the van for some time ( like me) mine is up for its first B service this year
I’ve found a garage where the techs are all ex Merc, use Merc equipment, Merc parts and oil and can add to the electronic log book. Will do all in £360 including file filter which is required at year 4.
i think that’s a bargain. I’m content to wait a further to get the transmission oil done in what is year 6 with the A service. I think my B is good value for that
It’s worth bearing in mind that it’s only a B service if all the work that is stipulated for a B service is carried out.. Neglecting to service the gearbox, leave it for another two years whilst planning on keeping the vehicle doesn’t add up in my mind… I know MB are pricey our B service was just over £800 which included gearbox oil and filters, fuel filters and two pollen filters since the MP has two air conditioning units a Brake fluid change along with oil and filters. And with that - the service record Is updated and free breakdown recovery.. essentially you got half the job for half the money.

Tee

I have same feeling / had similar experience as Method 7…… once I recovered from the £800+ quote!

Gearbox is done infrequently so leaving it is a lot of miles and time.

Epigram

sorry between Bath and Bristol but there’ll be a similar set up I’m sure near you
Perhaps I missed it in the thread. What is the name of the independent garage between Bristol and Bath. Personal message me if you like.

Method7

Agreed - and since they have access to the service record - the detailed service history will be maintained.. looks and sounds good..

PhilipHa

If you live in the Bath area I have just used https://www.chcarsbath.com/ CH Cars of Bath to service my Marco Polo (A service, gear box service, new front discs and pad, front axle speed sensor (ABD was playing up)). They are just off the A4/A46 junction in Batheaston to the east of Bath. I was very happy with the service. They are a relatively new business but with lots of Mercedes experience and can update service records online.