Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service check indicator

Mcboro

Hi,

I get this indication when starting my MP 2006 which to me seems to indicate that service is due (it has so far been impossible to track down a user manual):

It is flashing a negative counter on an off as in the image.
F15CA8D4-4C83-4E41-94DA-8849A2EC0871.jpeg

I am on the road and went past a mechanic who offers to change the oil at €300 which seems quite excessive, but says it requires no other service (communication is tricky unfortunately).

The oil filter symbol is on while charging the ignition but not after start so I don’t know i
oil service is urgent.

Question is, do I have the service done at his price or do I wait a couple 1000km till I get home?

The number shown has increased (decreased) to -30 and I’ve driven 1500km since it started.

Thanks

SteveR

Hi
Personally, I’d wait. That does seem excessive for an oil change. Also, if there are any issues, the closer to home the better?
As for the number, if it’s jumped from -9 to -30 it can’t be counting the days since service due?? (Unless of course the picture is a few weeks old)

Mcboro

Thanks SteveR.
I like your theory that it’s counting days, that seems to add up with the date of the photo.
Interpreting the signalling from the instrument panel is really the point of this thread which you seem to answer.
My current situation probably has little interest to the general forum, but I will take your advice and wait to service it. I was leaning towards this conclusion myself.
Thanks!