Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat box cover louvre grill

Hi does anyone have a air heater fitted ?as I'm looking to put the little cover over the rear
hole in seat box and mercedes are saying they don't have it listed now after initially saying they have it i wonder if someone could unclog theirs for me and look for a part number on it many thanks in advance

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi Steven - I don't fully understand what cover you are looking for. However if you are referring to the auxiliary night heater, then the part may be a Westfalia part as the heater is part m of the conversion and not a standard MB part. I had a similar problem with the draw under the rear seat. My local dealer finally managed to get a schematic of the draw from Westfalia and source the right part from them. It took a little while, but all is good now. I don't know if this helps at all, but good luck with hunting down the part you want.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

caMPike

Cheers pal sorted now
I work on the same project with aux air heater under driver seat in my MPA, your pictures and report was great help, thanks for that. I have been told that the grill is directly from Eberspacher .. ? How have You managed to cover the hole?

Method7

There is a cover on the rear of the drivers side seat base, I wonder if they are the same? Mind you I tried removing the one on mine last weekend to see what was in there but I couldn’t get the thing off the RH side comes away quite easily but I couldn’t get the LH side off. So is still don’t know what they have stashed in there..

There is a cover on the rear of the drivers side seat base, I wonder if they are the same? Mind you I tried removing the one on mine last weekend to see what was in there but I couldn’t get the thing off the RH side comes away quite easily but I couldn’t get the LH side off. So is still don’t know what they have stashed

Give it a good tug from the right and it just clips in and out but some force is required,for peace of mind the only £13 at mercedes and what you 'll find is a small battery and a space to the left to store bits and bobs I have the first aid kit, the locking wheel nut case, and a 12v air compressor I'm not sure what the battery is tho it's quite small

a solution incl air hose for upper bed, shouldn’t be problem DIY something similar

That's what il be doing shortly although il be using the eberspacher tee piece to direct some warm up top and an equal amount down below because I camped out last week for the first time and it was very cold up top and lovely and warm down below thanks for your suggestion

I work on the same project with aux air heater under driver seat in my MPA, your pictures and report was great help, thanks for that. I have been told that the grill is directly from Eberspacher .. ? How have You managed to cover the hole?
I haven't covered it at present I'm using just the normal eberspacher outlet I'm stuck for ideas on how to get a louvre grill as the Merc one has only two vents at the top of the insert ,and my heater outlet is quite low so I've decided for now il use as is and seek further inventivness later

Method7

We have a horizon I didn’t expect it to have a leisure battery under the drivers seat. That is a bit of a bonus really, but I don’t know how it is wired up since all the useful electrical stuff is isolated with the ignition off. It seems rather pointless, other than to provide extra support to the electrical system.. The manual pretty much confirms saying that the batteries are connected together. I will try a little harder to remove that cover I could certainly use the space.

@Steven rhodes Where are you sourcing your vented cover? Do you have part numbers?

I did find the part at mercedes stockport but I never ordered it as I thought it was unsuitable for my needs,it was an effort to get the right part il ring them for you an try get the number,my leisure battery is under passenger seat and other battery is under drivers seat is yours a left hand drive or something?

Method7

my leisure battery is under passenger seat and other battery is under drivers seat is yours a left hand drive or something?
No I just assumed the main battery was under the passenger seat because that was where it was on my old V280 lol. I don’t know which was which or even if there is a difference between them on the horizon since they both seem charge and drain equally. (According to the book) without hookup there is no charging or fridge draining them.

Yeah I think the part numbers would be very useful thank you.

caMPike

Spoke to MB dealer left and right covers are identical ( standard plastic) The one with grill comes from Eberspacher and MB doesn’t have it in system at all. I ordered the standard, will create air vent somehow

Stockport found it for me and it comes from Germany it took a while to find but he found it in the end il get the part number as soon as I get chance

Spoke to MB dealer left and right covers are identical ( standard plastic) The one with grill comes from Eberspacher and MB doesn’t have it in system at all. I ordered the standard, will create air vent somehow
Shows us some pictures when it done pal I'd like to see ur install

caMPike

Thinking about 2 separate vents out of the plastic cover, one for cabin second for “upstairs” fitting a flexi hose. not sure if there will be enough space to place T or Y piece next by heater, will see tomorrow

Thinking about 2 separate vents out of the plastic cover, one for cabin second for “upstairs” fitting a flexi hose. not sure if there will be enough space to place T or Y piece next by heater, will see tomorrow
Ive decided that I like the look of the heater with just the normal outlet on and when needed I'm going to use 2inch tee (plumbing type in black) and route a piece straight up and on down with none of I fixed, solvent weld pipe just pushes together quite tight with no glue so it will be collapsible

I think 2 x 500 pieces
1 x tee
Maybe 1 x 90 for the end of pipe going upwards should do the trick that's why I've given up on the Merc grill vent piece and you could assembly this arrangement in minute s

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk