Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Screeching noise coming from the front

LadyEdiSpencer

Marco Polo 250 AMG 2018
For a while now I have been getting a screeching noise coming from the drivers side front of the vehicle. It normally starts after about 9 miles and can then go on for a few minutes or the whole journey. The noise stops when the brakes are applied then starts as soon as the brakes are released.
Last summer I was told it was the brake pads. Changed. Than the discs. Changed. It did stop for a while.
To be fair, I haven’t taken it to a Merc dealer as they are too far away and the warranty has expired. That may have to be my next option.
I didn’t use the vehicle much over the winter except for short journeys. No issues.
Starting out again now, the high pitched screeching is back, again silenced as soon as I brake.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you resolve the issue?

SteveB

I had similar issue. Local MB dealer advised due to build up of debris. Brakes were stripped down and cleaned and no further issues four years later.

LadyEdiSpencer

I had similar issue. Local MB dealer advised due to build up of debris. Brakes were stripped down and cleaned and no further issues four years later.
Thank you. I’m at Mercedes tomorrow having my 4th roof fitted, I’ll ask them. Trouble is I was talked in to having new pads and discs and that didn’t help. It does sound like debris though as when I brake the noise goes away.

Ian

I had exactly this issue a couple of years ago. The problem is that the brake calliper is sticking and therefore when you drive along the pad is lightly pressing on the disc. i could work out which side it was by just listening to where the noise was coming from. Took it to a local garage and needed new pads and discs on the front as one side was significantly more worn than the other from being permanently stuck on.The ultimate fix was the garage stripped down and cleaned up the sticking calliper. no issues since.

stuarth

Ditto, was rear left on mine, all fine since new discs and pads. Sounds like a known problem which presumably affect all V-class. Worth a discussion with the dealer? Am a bit frightened that my van needed new discs (4) at 34K.

Rolandaa

The discs are superexpensive here in sweden, we had a similar problem, ended up with cleaning the calliper, no problem since...

1508ian

Ditto, was rear left on mine, all fine since new discs and pads. Sounds like a known problem which presumably affect all V-class. Worth a discussion with the dealer? Am a bit frightened that my van needed new discs (4) at 34K.
Interesting, and good to hear about this as we have the same screeching which sounds quite ominous, but disappears temporarily on braking. I assumed it was a V class issue in general but couldn't find anything online about it. We have the same thing on our 2019 MP which has 25k miles on the clock - left hand side rear, although not easy to tell from inside the van if its front or rear. Its due a service so I'll get it checked out...