Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Satnav Missing first part of instruction

Epigram

After almost 6 months and several return trips to Mercedes, my MP still has an irritating Satnav fault.

The Satnav occasionally misses the first two words of the long distance preliminary instruction.
Instead of:
“Prepare to ....” or “ In half a mile, turn right/ left”

I get a curt “Turn right /left

The next instructions in sequence “In 400 yards turn right/left ” and “Turn right/left“ occur normally.

If there are other roads before the one you need to take e.g. in a built up area you are prompted to turn too soon and go on a wild goose chase.
Clearly, not at all helpful in an unfamiliar area and not fit for purpose.

The dealer says it has been updated to the latest version of software but there is no improvement.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Or does yours work properly, in which case I can continue to press MB to get it right.

Last edited:

Steve B

I have had the voice turned off on mine through habit in other cars, so can't help you there. Makes life exciting though!!

Method7

I have had the voice turned off on mine through habit in other cars, so can't help you there. Makes life exciting though!!
Yeah me too, bloody annoying, I would rather have a unexpected detour. But when accuracy is important I change the instrument Pannel display to sat-nav... and wing it.

Epigram

As referred to in the post Satnav Update, the MP was with the dealer for 11 days without solving the problem and the fault has been referred to Germany.
While reading an on line Car Magazine road test on a 350 GLC, I came across the following. The article is about three years old so the fault is not without precedent. It will be interesting to see what the service departmet eventually come up with.

Surely they MB would have found a solution in that time or do they choose to sell vehicles with known faults ?

1595841697593.jpeg

Last edited: