Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rubber strips now in the UK!

jbean2567

Fortunately, the parts department in our local Mercedes dealer knew exactly what to look for and they arrived the next day from Milton Keynes.

However, it would appear from posts on this forum that there are several dealers who are totally clueless when it comes to all aspects of the MP. It seems I am very lucky having such a good local dealer in Dorchester.

Do you have the part number please?

ClaireDe

GeorgeG

Do you have the part number please?

I’m in Canada until 10th October so can’t let you have the part number unfortunately. I bought 4 strips so I had enough for all possibilities. Only used 2 so far though. The German part number (above post) may be the same as for uk, but I’m not sure.

jbean2567

This website seems to be working again now https://mercedes-benz-serviceshop.de

Rubber strips with the same part number as the first post on this thread:
https://mercedes-benz-serviceshop.d...50-9b5d-af90418676cf/Products/A63968409187C45

Hope this helps. I'm probably going to order some. Somebody at the Dorset meet recommended getting 3 or 4 strips as they need to be cut down and cutting them at the point where the back seat is when pulled forward.

Hi Claire - excellent, I had a little look and I'm sure something will come my way! I'm going to try for the rubber strips locally first and see if the same code works....honestly I should have a job in forensics dealing with Mercedes and the MP accessorises locally....

jbean2567

I decided to try Mercedes Commercial for the rubber strips and had success! I ordered one to check then ordered a further two as I can see that three for the MP with various cuts will do the job grand :)
Will attach a photo of the part number from the packaging

Attachments

• MP Rubber Strip 2.jpg
    MP Rubber Strip 2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 62

ClaireDe

I also bought the rubber strips - from the local MB dealership, very helpful parts department. I used the part number quoted in the first post which worked.
I think they were £13.25 each and they are about 1m long.

Here's an exciting picture of a rubber strip in situ:
upload_2018-10-12_18-48-2.jpeg

RFT

Definately worth buying a couple of metres and then reporting back to the group. Go on, take one for the team!

jaffa

And just in case anyone is wondering why on earth the floor of my Marco Polo Horizon looks like that!

Grand Tourismo

I also bought the rubber strips - from the local MB dealership, very helpful parts department. I used the part number quoted in the first post which worked.
I think they were £13.25 each and they are about 1m long.

Here's an exciting picture of a rubber strip in situ:
View attachment 172
Hi Claire...I wondered how you had got on with the floor rail rubber inserts? were they a good buy or just a faff to deal with?
Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.

GeorgeG

Hi Claire...I wondered how you had got on with the floor rail rubber inserts? were they a good buy or just a faff to deal with?
Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.
I bought some strips from my local MB dealer a couple of years ago. Expensive for what they are, but work well. You can cut them easily with a Stanley knife to whatever length suits - depending where you position the rear bench seat. I have strips cut in 2 different lengths (short and long) so I can position the seat further back with 2 strips per side, or a bit further forward with the short strips omitted.

Grand Tourismo

I bought some strips from my local MB dealer a couple of years ago. Expensive for what they are, but work well. You can cut them easily with a Stanley knife to whatever length suits - depending where you position the rear bench seat. I have strips cut in 2 different lengths (short and long) so I can position the seat further back with 2 strips per side, or a bit further forward with the short strips omitted.
Sounds like a plan!

ClaireDe

Same as GeorgeG - the strips in front of the rear seats are in 2 pieces so we can take one of them out to put the bed down. I also put strips in the back. I bought 4 strips but I only needed 3. Definitely worth it to stop all the dirt getting into the gaps - really difficult to hoover out.

GeorgeG

Same as GeorgeG - the strips in front of the rear seats are in 2 pieces so we can take one of them out to put the bed down. I also put strips in the back. I bought 4 strips but I only needed 3. Definitely worth it to stop all the dirt getting into the gaps - really difficult to hoover out.
I also bought 4 and only used 3 which should be adequate for most situations.

C

Crispin

VIP Member
Hi there can I order these strips online in the UK?
Or is it through main dealers only?

Thanks for any tips