Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof slot measurements

By gubbins , do you mean the waterproof connector?

That lives outside so you an unplug and remove the panel. I've sent out near 100 kits for VW californias and not heard of any bird damage.

This looks great.

Just spoke with Roger who was v helpful and ordered one for a diy install this weekend ahead of a no electric trip coming up.

Andy

Ian

I can’t quite visualise where the wire goes to take account of the roof going up and down. Where does the extra wire needed for when the roof is up end up when it’s closed?

Hi,

So the solar panel came this week and with an afternoon of listen in conference calls scheduled for this pm I took the opportunity to multi task and fit the panel. It took a couple of hours to fit and was fairly straight forward. Only slight wobble was getting the seal around the back door to reseat again properly. Going to get a couple more stick on cable ties to tidy up the cable routing to finish it up nicely. but I’m happy with the fit and the instructions were v clear. if it performs as Roger advises I’ll be a v. happy chap.

Looking forward to sunrise tomorrow and with luck some free electrickery.

Now can someone please advise where to purchase a hippy long hair wig and flares to complete the off grid vibe!

Dimitri

Hey Roger, could you also send me a copy of the manual ?
just want to see where they connect the wires to the battery, trying to do a diy install and i am not sure .
thanx in advance !

Hey Roger, could you also send me a copy of the manual ?
just want to see where they connect the wires to the battery, trying to do a diy install and i am not sure .
thanx in advance !

If you pop open the black panel below the fridge, you'll see a big silver unit on the left with a black mains lead. This is the charger for when on mains hookup. You can connect in to the leads on the white plug (ignore the green ones, the other two are obvious as to what they are)

Dimitri

If you pop open the black panel below the fridge, you'll see a big silver unit on the left with a black mains lead. This is the charger for when on mains hookup. You can connect in to the leads on the white plug (ignore the green ones, the other two are obvious as to what they are)
Thank you for the quick reply , try it next week .

Keep you informed !

Dimitri

Awake my sleepy thread! Can someone tell me the total length of the roof T slots, and the distance they are apart rear and front (they taper inwards from back to front)

We are now using new panels that are a bit wider so need to check if any adjustments need making to the triple kit (or indeed it it will still fit!). The new panels come with a 3 year warranty, hence the change. I prob won't see an MP now until spring.

1691571415451.pngth

caMPike

Awake my sleepy thread! Can someone tell me the total length of the roof T slots, and the distance they are apart rear and front (they taper inwards from back to front)

We are now using new panels that are a bit wider so need to check if any adjustments need making to the triple kit (or indeed it it will still fit!). The new panels come with a 3 year warranty, hence the change. I prob won't see an MP now until spring.

View attachment 3107th
Front wide 127,5cm, rear wide 132cm, total lenght 256cm, 35cm of front part has curvy shape, remaining part incl end looks very gently curved almost flat, shouldnt effect flexi panel instalation