Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Bellows catching. Photos needed

Hi all. After replacement Bellows last year (the back was getting caught when roof lowered) and a new roof this year (blisters) I'm now having issues with the canvas catching on the mechanism just above the drivers door behind the awning. I've reported it to Mercedes and the Waranty claim has been rejected basically saying its my fault and my responsibility to make sure it's clear when lowered. However as you can see with my pics it's impossible to stop it happening and now it's caused a hole. So I'd appreciate it if anyone can provide a picture of the same location to see if there is any difference. Any advice much appreciated. Tia

Attachments

• 20220914_110840.jpg
    20220914_110840.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220914_110901.jpg
    20220914_110901.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • 20220914_110731.jpg
    20220914_110731.jpg
    768.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220914_110713.jpg
    20220914_110713.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23

Method7

bellows... its all in the name, lowering the roof compresses the air inside the van - try opening the side door or windows or both when closing the roof - It allows the air to escape as the roof lowers... you may also find a popper and leash under the mattress at the rear of the van that connects to the bellows in the centre and pulls the rear in and tensions the sides as the roof drops.

bellows... its all in the name, lowering the roof compresses the air inside the van - try opening the side door or windows or both when closing the roof - It allows the air to escape as the roof lowers... you may also find a popper and leash under the mattress at the rear of the van that connects to the bellows in the centre and pulls the rear in and tensions the sides as the roof drops.
Fully aware about this. Always had the door/doors open when lowering. I just wanted a picture how it should be to compare and show Mercedes. I don't think it's right I should face a huge bill if its not closing correctly and catching if I'm doing everything correctly.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
It's not clear in your photos...but does your MP you have the flexible loops that keep the cover away from the roof mechanism? See attached photo...If not, that might explain the problem.

1664485634092.jpeg

Steve B

If you are unsuccessful with MB you can buy bungees that give additional compression where needed. Mine has been fine and the roof up/down many times.

If you are unsuccessful with MB you can buy bungees that give additional compression where needed. Mine has been fine and the roof up/down many times.
Yeah I will thanks. Not 100% it would work tho as It only catches the last few inches when lowering. And you need to be climbing on the side of the van or on a ladder to be able to see it. My argument is, it's either faulty or fitted incorrectly. So just wanted a picture of the same area on a different van.

Carol

When closing ,the lid always stops a little way up. At this point l always check and make sure canvass is clear before final closure. .Are your hoops correctly fitted