Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Romania......

Jamboree

I'm heading out to Romania in a few days
I'll be driving the MP through the country for about 25days.

Anything I should know about / or bring / watch out for while I'm there?

For example: I heard many stories (from the past) that the roads may be a bit rough and I should be cautious. more then enough articles (webpages) I've read said shredding a tire is not uncomon.

Are the any requirements that need to be in the car?

Since the MP is a unique vehicle, should I bring a spare tire? Fortunately I have a spare tire.

Just trying to make this a wonderfully successful trip, so I'm over preparing.

MarioF

Fantastic place Romania, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Roads aren't that bad but they are all single carriage with oncoming traffic. The Romanian drive extremely fast, the norm being overtake even if you're already doing 120km/h. Get used to it and you'll be fine. Try and stay clear of any of the three motorways the country has, these are dual carriageways but with the same overtake philosophy. Gave me the impression of being far more dangerous than normal roads. Nearly all the towns you pass through have speed traps, be aware.

That said the people are very friendly and the countryside beautiful. Food is cheap.
Be careful at Contança if you go, keep your belongings with you and careful where you park.

We toured the whole country and I'd probably do it again but with more backpacking over the mountains.

Enjoy.