Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ride height?

Hi all, have had my 2010 MP for past 3+ years and have spent many months living in it on my travels around Europe.
The vehicle has done approx 90k and behaves beautifully, am really impressed except for one small glitch, on some speed humps or rough tracks the front underside 'grounds'. I have had the suspension checked and all is good so my question is.. can I raise the front end an inch or two?
Longer springs?, larger wheels?
Your suggestions/advise would be welcomed
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epigram

I stumbled across this company that provides lift kits and underbody protection and other off road stuff for Vito/ Viano /V Class.
No experience of them they are based near Toulouse in France.
Good luck, I would be interested to know how you get on.

Last edited:
Update:
Have replace standard wheels with alloys and fitted Goodrich K02 215/65 R16 All Terrain Tyres.
Pressures, 3 bar front, 3.5 rear.
The effect was immediate. A little noisier but a comfortable yet firm ride, irregularities and speed bumps are no longer a problem and neither is grounding.
Furthermore as one would expect from chunkier tyres, soft ground and wet/damp grass on campsites are easily negotiated.
Purchased from Elite Tyres in Reading, excellent service and advice from Jay.

Epigram

Ooo pictures please!
Preumably no increase in ride height because the final tyre diameter is approximately the same.
I could have done with those on the mountain track we took yesterday for a walk to the Lac and Col de Neal high in the French Alps.
Only scraped the bottom once going though a run out - I am hoping it was just the tow bar catching.
The walk was worth it for both the MP and my legs with mountains spectacularly covered in wild flowers. Camping and wild camping near Col de l’Izoard for those who like it.

Sounds like you're where I like to be, I live in Cornwall for my sins.
Pics as requested

Yes similar diameter but given the stronger sidewalls the tyres don't sag/flex as much as normal road tyres

Grand Tourismo

Sounds like you're where I like to be, I live in Cornwall for my sins.
Pics as requested

Yes similar diameter but given the stronger sidewalls the tyres don't sag/flex as much as normal road tyres

Any chance you could share an image of the MP from further away so I can get an idea of what the whole "stance" looks like?

C

Crispin

VIP Member
Me too im interested in BFG AT on my 2018 MP AMG just want a good reliable wheel/ tyre when going off piste an loading it up too much !