Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retractable Awnings?

Last December I purchased a 2009 Marco with a Poptop.
I am looking to buy a Retractable Awning but try as I might, having searched for the past 6 months I am no closer to finding one. A lot of promises, letdowns and blind alleys but still banging my head against a brick wall.
The awning isn’t the problem, it’s the Mounting Brackets which I am finding elusive.
CAN ANYONE HELP.......Please

Method7

We don’t have a awning but when discussing this with the dealer they were clear that the awning was factory fit. This got me thinking about how the brackets fit. Now I haven’t really looked into this but I believe VW fit their awning to brackets that attach to the 6mm Kampa type rail. What we need is photos of each to compare the mounting method, It might then be possible to determine the difference.

Many thanks for your reply.
This is my first camper so still finding my feet, quite a learning curve. The van is very comfortable and well appointed, but I’m beginning to wish I had bought a more common camper, ie VW or Transit based vehicle as these are better catered for and parts/accessories are easier to get. Don’t misunderstand me, I love the vehicle....but.
The original factory supplied unit is flimsy and time consuming when erecting or dismantling hence my interest in a retractable unit.
Any assistance/direction/suggestions you can provide would be VERY appreciated.
Keith

Method7

The original factory supplied unit is flimsy and time consuming when erecting or dismantling hence my interest in a retractable unit.

Keith I have to say that this confuses me somewhat. The OEM awning is retractable, what unit are you referring to?

Hi again, don’t know whether you received my reply, it doesn’t appear that you did so I apologise if I’m repeating myself.
In answer to your question regarding the awning unit and the confusion it has presented it would appear that there was either a ‘typo’ or predictive text error.
The inclusion of ‘unit’ was misleading, the awning I was referring to is the original canvas sheet that slides into the channel on the roof of the camper and supported by 3 poles and 5 guy ropes. When not in use the canvas awning is folded up and packed into rear luggage area.
This is now quite tatty and needs repair hence my interest in a more user friendly retractable unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk