Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing the sliding cupboard shelf for loo

Gyll

Hello ,

I’m Gyll and I’m one month and 1500 miles into Marco Polo ownership. I’ve bought a sports Potti Qube but am darned if I can figure out how to remove the shelf from the sliding door cupboard beneath the stove.

I’ve bought camping tickets for Trad Boat Show at Henley in July (my other baby is a 1955 mahogany cabin cruiser) and the Cambridge Folk Festival In August. If you’re going let me know if you’d like to meet up.

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi Gill,

I’m working from memory, but I have removed this shelf, and now store our Porta Potti in the said cupboard. The shelf has two plastic white clips (or mine did) that pull out. The clips look like “squashed” X’s. You may need to gently lever these out as they are quite a tight fit. Once removed, you should be able to manoeuvre the shelf out. Hope this helps.

KR

Andy B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Epigram

Andy B is right. Use something very thin and flat such as a pastry knife to get behind the arms of the cross and slide it as close to where the arms of the cross intersect. Then prise gently away.

mptripsaway

It's a Dunelm cube ottoman, comes in various colours, fits the porta potti perfectly and costs about £15 if memory serves me right. I just place it upside down over the potti and pop the lid over the base, it makes for a footrest, seat or somewhere to put stuff!

Gyll

Thanks everyone. mptripsaway, I'm just going to assume that you don't wipe your bum on that kitchen roll!

Gyll

PS mptripsaway, The Dunelm Cube looks like a great solution freeing up the cupboard and removing the getting it out pfaff but how do you stop it sliding all over the shop?

mptripsaway

Thanks everyone. mptripsaway, I'm just going to assume that you don't wipe your bum on that kitchen roll!
Your assumption is correct, it is most definitely kitchen towel not a giant loo roll! Regards your other question...it is sat on the carpet surface and it just stays put, doesn't slide around at all.

Philmop

Great idea with the storage cube... I think I'll be copying that
Can you let me know what model of porta potti you have?
Thanks