Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Heat Exchanger

anyideas

Am I right in saying there is an option for a rear heat exchanger which isn't shown on the options list?

If so does anyone have anymore information on it?

mptripsaway

Am I right in saying there is an option for a rear heat exchanger which isn't shown on the options list?

Hi, it's a new one on me, I just had a look through my user handbook for you but can find no mention of a rear heat exchanger. The aux air heater vents to the rear of the front seat, only other reference I could find was air intake to rear cabin a/c which is located below rear cupboard.

Nick Pye

Sorry if I sound ignorant Anyideas, but what does a heat exchanger do?

anyideas

I spoke to the product team for the MP who couldn't have been more helpful and knowledgable. The MP comes with the rear heat exchange as standard in the UK and from what they told me it takes some of the heat from the engine and transfers it to the rear cabin if required.
Also the remote control for the Aux heater comes with the heater when ordered.

WILLH

The Additional Heat Exchanger option H13 is a £335 option.

Attachments

• IMG_0998.PNG
    IMG_0998.PNG
    387.7 KB · Views: 28

anyideas

Strange as the MP comes with THERMATIC not TEMPMATIC which is what the H13 is usually used in conjunction with.

WILLH

Some options are deleted when the additional heat exchanger is specified

Attachments

• IMG_0999.PNG
    IMG_0999.PNG
    386.9 KB · Views: 21

mptripsaway

Looking at the operating manual to the point of brain freeze, I am sure that my MP has Thermatronic climate control with aux water heater. My level of input is to select "Auto mode" set required temperature and let it do it's thing...Simples :)

WILLH

It is a bit(a lot)confusing and I don't really understand it.My take on it is that if it costs extra then it must be better!

terry1956

Aux water heater uses the water in the engine to pre heat both the engine and the cabin, a sort of preheater. It can only be run for 30 minutes or so at a time. For the cost I don't see a need for it,just one more thing to go wrong.

mptripsaway

Aux water heater uses the water in the engine to pre heat both the engine and the cabin, a sort of preheater. It can only be run for 30 minutes or so at a time. For the cost I don't see a need for it,just one more thing to go wrong.
I thought you liked gadgets Terry?
The aux water heater runs for 60 mins before switching off automatically and it can be set to have 3 separate departure times or turned on/off using remote control supplied. When you are outside in the depths of winter with your engine running whilst waiting for your windscreen to defrost think of me in my PJs and slippers having my breakfast while my MP prepares itself for the day, I just leave the house when I am ready and climb into a nice pre warmed (engine & cabin) vehicle, assuming of course that it's not another thing that has gone wrong.

Sorry 'Anyideas' it seems to have moved slightly away from the point of your original thread.

Last edited: