Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear door won’t function

NickB

No spares! Man from Merc recovery didn’t carry fuses and couldn’t find the blown fuse in any case. In view of the amazing ease of blowing the fuse (tailgate stopped opening when it touched a flimsy hedge at about 80 degrees open, and must have fused when I tried to close it manually), a knowledge of which fuse box and selection of useful fuses to keep as spares would be useful in the future.

Just looked it up:

Fuse box in the co-driver's footwell on the A-pillar (Though that's for LHD cars, no idea if it's reversed)
Fuse# F311
Holder S2, Number 7
30A

It LOOKS like it shares it with the sliding door though and I'm guessing that was working fine?

"Electric sliding door, right/EASY-PACK tailgate"

If only you'd mentioned the side door was also without power. Would have obviously pointed to a fuse rather than a mechanical latch issue or a 'reset' type issue. :)

NickB

Just an addendum to this out of interest. The fuse blew again in Cambridge - this time I tried to open the tailgate whilst the side door was closing. The reason turned out to be that the merc dealer in France had replaced the blown fuse with a 15 amp one...