Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Purchasing Shortly

Marco Polo

Hello All

We are shortly going to order a 250 Sport, and are currently deciding what extras to order.

Does anybody have any information on the water heater and auxiliary air heater?

Does the water heater heat the kitchen sink and shower water OR pre-heat the engine?

Does the auxiliary air system come out of all or some of the vents and how is it controlled?

Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks

WILLH

The water heater pre heats the engine coolant for a quicker warm up in cold climates-I thought it warmed the sink/shower water and have spec'd it along with the air heater but have since learned that this is not the case.There is also an additional heat exchanger for the rear compartment which is not on the options list but can be additionally specified(around £400)

mptripsaway

The water heater as you said preheats engine coolant but it also provides cabin heating for up to one hour and can have three preset time to come on.

WILLH

The water heater as you said preheats engine coolant but it also provides cabin heating for up to one hour and can have three preset time to come on.
That is quite right.The auxiliary air heater can also heat the cabin independently and timed so there is some overlap in the abilities of both optional heaters.I would probably just order the optional air heater if I was ordering again.

mptripsaway

I personally just went for the auxiliary water heater which is great to pre-warm vehicle engine and cabin on cold mornings and can be set remotely to come on at three separate time points. The auxiliary air heater just heats the cabin when the engine is not running but does not have a time limit as the auxiliary water heater does. I have a 2.5kw fan heater that I can use when on EHU if it gets too cold.

Marco Polo

Thank you all for your help so far about the water and auxiliary heaters.

Re the auxiliary air heater - does anyone have any more info and or experience
as to how it operates (e.g. air out of all vents, noise level etc)

Dundry

Hi, I've just ordered the MP with aux. air and aux. water heaters assuming the water heater heated the water. Have I wasted a grand and could have just gone for the air heater if they both do the same thing?

thanks

WILLH

Hi, I've just ordered the MP with aux. air and aux. water heaters assuming the water heater heated the water. Have I wasted a grand and could have just gone for the air heater if they both do the same thing?

thanks
Same as myself.The short answer is essentially yes you have wasted the £1000 plus if you thought your money was going to buy you a nice warm shower and hot water through the tap.My plan is to use the water heater when I'm parked up in the daytime and just need an hours blast to warm the inside up and just use the air heater on cold overnight trips.

mptripsaway

thanks
I don't think you have wasted your money at all. The two systems do have some commonality but the water heater is about preheating the engine coolant for quicker warm up in cold weather and also uses that heat to warm the passenger compartment, it will cut out automatically after 60mins. The air heater in my understanding is an independent heater that runs off vehicle fuel supply and heats the passenger compartment but does not use engine coolant system to do so. I think Simon_mp_amg has both systems so is probably better placed to give a definitive answer.

mptripsaway

Check your build freeze date on your vehicle order as you should be able to drop any options that you have ordered if it hasn't yet gone past that date.

Dundry

I don't think you have wasted your money at all. The two systems do have some commonality but the water heater is about preheating the engine coolant for quicker warm up in cold weather and also uses that heat to warm the passenger compartment, it will cut out automatically after 60mins. The air heater in my understanding is an independent heater that runs off vehicle fuel supply and heats the passenger compartment but does not use engine coolant system to do so. I think Simon_mp_amg has both systems so is probably better placed to give a definitive answer.

ok, thanks, maybe ok then to have both then. May not invest in the shower head option then if the water is just cold and get a hose attachment just as wash down. Has anyone experience of using the aux. water out?

Wilnx005

Administrator
Staff member
It'd be interesting to see if someone Mods this to provide hot water - Ive seen it done elsewhere o_O

Nick Pye

This is a useful thread. Thanks for starting it and for all your experienced replies. We (luckily) didn't bother with the aux water heater but so easily could have been persuaded as I'm sure our dealer also suggested it was intended for the shower and sink, which to be fair, does seem logical. I still can't wait for mine to be ready at the dealership.