Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof not closing

Dougie

I have. Problem with the electric pop up roof not closing properly
Roof shuts down but the system does not say closed
Any suggestions

KevinIan

I had the same problem and it had to be fixed in a main dealership just before the warranty ran out.

NickB

I have. Problem with the electric pop up roof not closing properly
Roof shuts down but the system does not say closed
Any suggestions
I had this problem too (2019 V250D sport). First issue identified was a micro switch needed to be changed. I discovered after subsequent fails a routine of keeping repressing the down button helped. Next step is to remove ignition key then return to position 2. Finally if that doesn’t work try opening roof a little then go through the routine again. Seems to be less of a problem as time goes on. Clearly a dealer response that there is nothing wrong is disappointing!

Dougie

I had this problem too (2019 V250D sport). First issue identified was a micro switch needed to be changed. I discovered after subsequent fails a routine of keeping repressing the down button helped. Next step is to remove ignition key then return to position 2. Finally if that doesn’t work try opening roof a little then go through the routine again. Seems to be less of a problem as time goes on. Clearly a dealer response that there is nothing wrong is disappointing!
Thank you very much
I will go back to the dealer today and give home this info

KevinIan

As you may be aware some dealers are not familiar with the Marco Polo. At one dealership I received a gormless “What’s that?” I got mine fixed at Sheffield a JCT600 dealer who had to order a part from Germany. Exactly what I can’t remember. What’s more I had a problem with the roof not opening just after delivery and that was a sensor problem.

The Sargis

Might be a stupid question but have you checked nothing is stopping it closing completely prior to locking? We had a similar issue , turned out a towel was under the mattress. The extra thickness was enough to prevent the sensor accepting the roof was fully down

Dougie

Might be a stupid question but have you checked nothing is stopping it closing completely prior to locking? We had a similar issue , turned out a towel was under the mattress. The extra thickness was enough to prevent the sensor accepting the roof was fully down
Thanks for your reply
We did check that first
Roof closed easily with the emergency system

KevinIan

In this particular situation, it was a sensor problem. Confirmed by Mercedes Sheffield after a dealer in Lancashire could not solve the issue.

Dougie

In this particular situation, it was a sensor problem. Confirmed by Mercedes Sheffield after a dealer in Lancashire could not solve the issue.
Thank you
I have passed this onto the Mercedes dealer who are totally unhelpful just keep saying cannot find anything wrong

James@53

We had the same problem; the dealership updated our software which helped (but didn’t stop it completely).

Dougie

We had the same problem; the dealership updated our software which helped (but didn’t stop it completely).
Thank you for your reply
It appears that a sensor and rocker switch have failed
Now only having to wait for these to be fitted
Parts having to be ordered

Dougie

At long last the problem has been rectified
Micro switches and a rocker switch were replaced together with 2 bolts that were out of alignment and all seems fine