Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

paintwork finish

Katie

Can anyone tell me why the paintwork at the bottom of the sides of the car has a rough finish? (below the doors).
It's almost like there's some kind of protection underneath the paintwork in this location - I've got it on my vw Touran as well and the showroom mp was the same - so I don't think its an error on mine.

funkyegg

Mine is same and i think they are supposed to be like that to make stone chips less noticeable. My mx-5 also has the same finish near underseal...
Congrats on collecting your vehicle! have you posted a photo?

Katie

Thanks v much. Had to pop into dealer this am as could not move rear seats back - just a bit more strength needed.
The dealer said the rough finish is also meant to deflect chippings and although it isn’t very pretty it’s better than getting rust.
I’ll take a photo this pm (poor Penelope is not quite as pristine as yesterday). Uploading it here will be a new challenge for me!

pumpsmynads

Mine is same and i think they are supposed to be like that to make stone chips less noticeable. My mx-5 also has the same finish near underseal...
Congrats on collecting your vehicle! have you posted a photo?

Exactly! Photos or it isn’t real. :p

ishi051

Hi Katie - I’d interested in seeing your photo - I noticed exactly the same thing when we sat down outside the vehicle for our first cup of tea on Sunday (we only picked our MP up on Saturday!) It’s particularly noticeable when your eyeline is lower - ie when you sitting down / picnicking and looking back at the MP. When you are standing it is not as obvious. But close up it looks quite ugly! I’ll try and upload a few photos myself...

Katie

Don’t worry about it - they’re all the same and once I realised that I stopped noticing it
I think there is some protective rubberised covering at the bottom which has been sprayed over with the paint finish

ishi051

Don’t worry about it - they’re all the same and once I realised that I stopped noticing it
I think there is some protective rubberised covering at the bottom which has been sprayed over with the paint finish
Thanks Katie!