Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Offside rear tyre slowly deflating

Heythrop

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to the MP scene, bought ours 2nd hand about 6 months ago.

The precious owner was running Conti Sport Contacts, and I noticed the os rear would slowly deflate over time.

I had the tyres replaced this week, and it seems as if it is still happening.

Anybody had a problem with this before?

Also, after about an hour or two driving, I get a console message saying my oil level is too high? Anybody had this? I'm guessing the level is pretty high, and once it heats up it is triggering the sensor?

Cheers,
Lee

Heythrop

Ah ha!! Never entered my head. Just gave it a wiggle and can hear air escaping at certain positions.

Cheers

Tee

We had oil level too high a couple of weeks ago. Long drive, hot day. Oil had been in for a year but limited miles. Guess they filled to top at service and it triggers on hot engine after a while (dunno). Annoying. Yellow advisory Btw, not red.

firstly MB assist say drain out 1/2 litre of oil. Despatched RAC to fix it. RAC came quick but cannot drain oil roadside by law apparently, so don’t bother wasting time this route. Go straight to dealer if bothered by it.

Drove to dealer 10 miles away. Worked on it immediately but had to pay half hour labour. MB Worcester, nice and helpful, much appreciated.

drove back that night. Tested oil after 100 miles - said oil low, add 1 litre when next filling up.

bought 1 litre of oil from MB for £8 and put half a litre in.

frustratingly circular business model…… would probably have self resolved maybe

1508ian

We’ve had the same oil level too high warning sign -came on within three miles of collecting the MP from the dealer for the first time. Still recurs intermittently but seems to settle down. I wouldn’t bother draining any oil out.

Grand Tourismo

This is very likely due to a slightly over high oil level, (there are lots of people complaining of over sensitive oil sensors on the V class, Vito etc) - it occurred on my MP and the dealer was adamant it would be oil level and not a sensor, so they did a due service for me and it has not occurred since.
At the time I tried to syphon some oil out of the dipstick hole using a big syringe and some pipe, which worked OK... but I soon got bored of syphoning out 10cc's a time o_O

Grand Tourismo

I did check the oil level yesterday, when cold, and it was about midway between the max and min.
Mine was just towards the top of normal...if the dipstick reading at cold is correct and you are on level ground, then you don't really have to worry but I know the warning each time is a pain.
When are you due your next service? when was your last? who last topped it up? Maybe you can take it back or move the service forward a little to get it sorted?

Heythrop

Schoolboy error, I'm on a fairly steep gradient at the moment (parked at Holiday cottage), so I'll retest the level when it's flat.

It was serviced shortly before we bought it, so.ill check level, and if it looks OK, mention it to MB when it goes in for next service.

Thanks

Grand Tourismo

Schoolboy error, I'm on a fairly steep gradient at the moment (parked at Holiday cottage), so I'll retest the level when it's flat.

It was serviced shortly before we bought it, so.ill check level, and if it looks OK, mention it to MB when it goes in for next service.

Thanks
My hunch is that the level is top of the dipstick and the warm oil is expanding just enough to trigger the sensor...(subject to how many miles you drive) I don't know when you bought the van but the next service could still be a good few months away (2 years service interval)...you might want to have a go at dropping some oil before then to keep your sanity!

Tee

I agree with GT in that they max the oil at service but probably only adding the recommended litres and this leaves little margin on triggering a sensor