Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Normal EHU Trickle Charge Power Output

Oslo

Oslo

VIP Member
Hi All

I am looking for some knowledge and support as I have been surprised with the power consumed by my MP when on EHU and only trickle charging the batteries.

I have connected shore power to an Ecoflow Delta and from the Delta into the normal EHU port on the van. This gives me an input from mains and output charge to the MP. As you would expect the charge fluctuates as the circuits become live even when simply opening a door but I am good with all of that consuming power.

The question I have is what would we expect the steady state charge to be when it is simply trickle charging the batteries. Both batteries are new and all circuits (I believe) are off. The Delta tells me my steady state continuous charge into the van is 22W which doesn’t sound much but more than I expected. The input and output on the Delta is identical. If I left it on the Delta for 36 hours the Delta would be flat.

Has anyone any experience they could share, I want to be sure I don’t have a parasitic leak hidden in the depths of the MP.

Thank you for any thoughts on this.

Regards, Mike

Mat-One-T

Hi Mike,

When I'm not using my MP (parked up) it consumes around 20-30Wh of energy daily from the solar panels, which would probably average about 2w of power consistently during the day.

What length and wire gauge of EHU cable are you using between the Delta and your MP? I'm wondering whether the resistance/impedance of the extension cable could be contributing to the power draw, which wouldn't matter if you were hooked up to the mains rather than a battery source.

Further investigation could be to measure the current flow from the leisure battery with a clamp-on ammeter, or try pulling fuses one by one from the camper fuse box to see if it makes any difference to consumption.

Thanks,

Mat.

Oslo

Oslo

VIP Member
Hi Mat

Thank you for the reply, it is helpful.

I have connected up a multimeter to the leisure battery and immediately can see the current draw only seems to be between 10 and 13W so my thinking is the Delta is burning some of its own energy to power Bluetooth, WiFi and its own management systems. Now I write it that would make perfect sense.

The EHU cable is short, only 5m and has a 2.5mm three cores.

That still leaves me with tracking down the remaining draw and the fuses close to the fridge make no difference.

I’ll move on to those under the seats a little later in the week.

Thanks for your help, it has been very useful.

Mike

Bruno

Guys,
I've a 2017 Marcopolo and I'm experiencing similar issue, it looks like there is some device that has a significant consumption in idle mode (when van is fully locked). If I don't use the MP for about 1 month, I can observe that the low voltage leisure battery protection is activated (when lower than 10.5 V). Reading user manual, there is a warning that basically states that Leisure battery doesn't need any maintenance and it keeps charged for 4 weeks. Curious to understand where the charge goes in this period of time (which device uses it).
thanks for opening this thread.
Bruno