Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie thinking of buying new

Deckard

Well that was a nice surprise. Our original delivery date (from an order placed in February) was December 22nd. MB then pushed this back to end of Jan/beg Feb and when they contacted me just before Christmas I was resigned to being told of a further delay. But no, to their surprise as well as mine, it was delivered on December 22nd!! Haven't seen it yet (gone for graphite grey this time) and it will likely be a couple of weeks into January before I pick it up. The dealer needs to order a V55 from the DVLA (which they will do on January 4th) and then DVLA manually issue one using the M1 reference previously discussed on this forum. I need to provide insurance certificate (on chassis number only as no reg yet!) and then wait.

Given that the dealer will have the vehicle on site for quite a few days I have asked that they interrogate all the firmware versions and update where needed (and provide me with a print out showing what versions are on the vehicle). Thanks to Webbah and others for their advice on that front.

On the upside, the cost is £1570 less than original quote (RFL now £280 instead of £1850) and the auxiliary night heater is included as standard!

Happy days!
Great to hear you'll soon be picking up your new van is TMC. Nice way to start off the New Year.

Deckard

Welcome and it's great as a daily driver. Have a look in history on here and there are many comments about DAB or lack of it, many from me! It was stated by MB that because of the fibreglass roof a dab aerial couldn't be fitted, strange that this insurmountable issue in 2016 (or when the design decisions were made) has been cured a couple of years later. It does put this cutting edge feat of engineering by MB up there with the CV19 vaccine development, so well done to the decision makers at MB (i'm not bitter :rolleyes:) If I do need to listen to digital I do it through my iPhone and media setting, but its a bit poor in a modern £60k+ vehicle.
I might have found the solution to the lack of DAB - they now have an Alexa module for around £50 that can connect via Blutooth and your smartphone. My son has just put one in his car and is very impressed - I guess I could just use the Internet Radio apps on my iphone but, obviously, Alexa it also gives you all the other benefits - and I love gadgets !!!

Steve B

I might have found the solution to the lack of DAB - they now have an Alexa module for around £50 that can connect via Blutooth and your smartphone. My son has just put one in his car and is very impressed - I guess I could just use the Internet Radio apps on my iphone but, obviously, Alexa it also gives you all the other benefits - and I love gadgets !!!
Thanks, I'll have a look.

W

whitelighter

VIP Member
Thanks - I was expecting a wait - but not for a year ! I'd best get started soon then.........
my delivery mileage Blue with Cream 220 Sport is available.
Van is unused - I collect it tomorrow.

has the now discontinued Driver Assistance Package, Tow Pack, Smart Phone Comnection, 360 camera, Light Yacht Floor, mattress topper.

list price today is £68,683 without the DAP. That was a £1770 option pre price rise and now impossible to get.

looking for £70k

TMC

That was a test of patience! Order placed January 8th 2021. Vehicle delivered to dealer December 22nd 2021. Application to DVLA to register as M1SA (Motor Caravan) sent by dealer using recorded delivery January 4th 2022. DVLA completed (manual) registration process January 27th 2022.

Finally picked it up today!

Went for V300 AMG line in dark graphite grey this time. Black seats, light floor. I suspect there will be a bit of reloading of essential kit going on in the garage this weekend (bit too blustery down our way for a maiden trip ).

Attachments

• Dk Garphite Grey.jpg
    Dk Garphite Grey.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3666.jpg
    IMG_3666.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 30

Grand Tourismo

That was a test of patience! Order placed January 8th 2021. Vehicle delivered to dealer December 22nd 2021. Application to DVLA to register as M1SA (Motor Caravan) sent by dealer using recorded delivery January 4th 2022. DVLA completed (manual) registration process January 27th 2022.

Finally picked it up today!

Went for V300 AMG line in dark graphite grey this time. Black seats, light floor. I suspect there will be a bit of reloading of essential kit going on in the garage this weekend (bit too blustery down our way for a maiden trip ).
Happy New Travels! amazing bit of kit :)

Webbah

So I was just at my Service Center getting (another) MBAC and MBUX update. An interesting fact came out of random discussion. Apparently you can't even order any V-Class or Marco Polo's right now for 2022? Due to the chip and part shortages they've stopped taking orders. I guess good for us that have one as the residual values will go up short term, but sucks for anyone looking to configure one new!

TMC

Yes, thats the same story I was given on Saturday by my dealer. Best they can manage is to pick a vehicle from a diminishing pool of stock.

Bebe

I went to both VW and Mercedes Benz p in London ] September 2021 - a waiting time of 12 months for both vechiles was quoted me/

So i got a 2020 plate for £65,999 with auxiliary heater adn factory fitted tow bar. Black exterior and I had that protected with film and ceramic coating wth a 5 year warranty. Then had The Origins S-5 Tracker installed with a 5 year warranty.
Got my topper [ lower bed ] -from www.camperfantastic/com
got a fold away camper loo from Amazon with good reviews
also bought a telescopic 2m ladder to get onto the upper bed without needing to step onto the front seats

My plan is to mostly Rent out the Marco Polo but "renters insurance" via Alan Boswell [ Allianz ] is at £3499 per annum - not what I expected !

However it is a proper professional insurance - for renters

I want to try to rent our my Marco polo - otherwise I may consider a Sale in the future
Hi there
Are you renting out your Marco Polo? I'm really keen to get one but am thinking I need to try one out overnight or for a weekend before making the commitment. Could be a pricey mistake otherwise! If so, whereabouts are you based?
Thanks

TMC

Trying it out always a good idea. My dealer (MB Swindon) let me have a Horizon for the weekend when we first started down this path

Bebe

That's a good idea. I just contacted our nearest dealer who said that MPs are so extremely rare that they don't have any in stock, so I will try a few more dealerships and wait for Churchill to get back to me. I've also found a campervan rental website with a 2022 cavansite blue one available and may take that out for a weekend. Happy days!