Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie guide

Sobo

Hi all,

I'm new on here, so wanted to say hi and ask for your advice.

We're getting our new Marco Polo at the beginning of October, and as we are also new to camper vans, we're not quite sure what we'll need to get us up and running. I'm not talking full kit list, just what we'll need first off - not quite sure what the MP comes with in the way of electric hook up cable/ chocks and that sort of thing.

Any tips and advice gratefully received. Thanks!

mptripsaway

Hi all,

We're getting our new Marco Polo at the beginning of October, and as we are also new to camper vans, we're not quite sure what we'll need to get us up and running. I'm not talking full kit list, just what we'll need first off - not quite sure what the MP comes with in the way of electric hook up cable/ chocks and that sort of thing.

Hi,
My MP came with no camping related equipment so if yours is delivered as mine was you will need a few items to start:
EHU Cable - I use 25 metre one which I keep on a cable reel.
Food grade water hose & variety of connectors, I would suggest about 10 metres so long enough to reach service point taps on site. I also add water purification liquid to the water tank.
Camping gaz bottle 907.
Level ramps/Chocks unless planning to stay always on hard standings (Terry may disagree)
If you like a fry up but don't want to fry up in your posh new kitchen, some form of outdoor cooker, I use a camping gaz "camp bistro"
Finally, a sense of humour.
Check my other post as a starting point for more goodies.
Good luck with your purchase, look forward to seeing some photos.

Sobo

Ah, Braysaway, thanks so much for that. I saw your other very helpful full kit list post, shall be referring to it. Cheers.

Nick Pye

Hi all,

Welcome fellow newbie! Bet you cant wait for your new van either! :)

Nick Pye

Got my Marco Polo on Friday evening too late to play and had a meeting that evening and football at Norwich on Saturday (waste of effort).

Anyway today is Sunday and going to make a trip up to my local camping and leisure centre to peruse the equipment and get myself ready for our first stay over at the end of October. Thanks for your lists Braysaway, I'm sure they'll come in useful.

funkyegg

Thanks Funkyegg. I will but first I need the electric roof to go down!! It wont and I don't know what to do! :([/QUOTE
could it be the leisure battery is flat?but what do I know as still waiting for my to arrive... how long did it take for yours to arrive?

Sobo

Thanks Funkyegg. I will but first I need the electric roof to go down!! It wont and I don't know what to do! :(
Oh no! Did you get your roof sorted? Getting pretty excited about our approaching delivery date now. Hoping we don't have similar electric issues though :-(

Nick Pye

Hi Sobo. My roof seems fine now that I understand what position the ignition switch has to be in and how to actually work the control panel. I should have read the manual, but ... I'm a man! lol