Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New to this........

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
Hello all, , well I've just put a deposit on a Marco Polo. I do a lot of running and was hoping to get something to make them more enjoyable, the night before, recover and such like. I fell in love with the Marco Polo even though i know a few with VW's and such like,

However some things i don't know, or have only really just thought about.

Hot water? is there an option for a water heater ? ( i believe the 2019 Marco Polo has a night air heater )

Also is there an inverter fitted to power laptops etc, without mains hook up. ?

Thanks you in advance

SteveR

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Assuming no hook up, you can get some rechargeable powerbanks that will recharge a laptop a number of times, and you can boil a kettle quite easily.
There is generally a way around most things.

Personally, I'm on a laptop 10-12 hours a day so when I go away in the MP it is so good to not take it! Nothing like a tech detox and I've not missed it yet :)

Denby

Hello all, , well I've just put a deposit on a Marco Polo. I do a lot of running and was hoping to get something to make them more enjoyable, the night before, recover and such like. I fell in love with the Marco Polo even though i know a few with VW's and such like,

However some things i don't know, or have only really just thought about.

Hot water? is there an option for a water heater ? ( i believe the 2019 Marco Polo has a night air heater )

Also is there an inverter fitted to power laptops etc, without mains hook up. ?

Thanks you in advance
Mine does have hot water, but it is an option!

JamesWu

I use a belkin type c car charger to power my macbook (or any laptop uses type c connector), no need inverter, slow charging tho.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Assuming no hook up, you can get some rechargeable powerbanks that will recharge a laptop a number of times, and you can boil a kettle quite easily.
There is generally a way around most things.

Personally, I'm on a laptop 10-12 hours a day so when I go away in the MP it is so good to not take it! Nothing like a tech detox and I've not missed it yet :)
I do a lot of trial running, somtimes quite long, so was hoping to get a shower ;) yes I know I could get a bigger camper, but they are less practical. I do love a digital detox.. but then again,

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
Mine does have hot water, but it is an option!
ive spoken to MB and its not an option on the 2019 model, I don't think its standard either.. ill just have to live with it!

SteveR

I do a lot of trial running, somtimes quite long, so was hoping to get a shower ;) yes I know I could get a bigger camper, but they are less practical. I do love a digital detox.. but then again,
Go full detox.... Cold shower is character building :D

We use Kampa Geyser hot water system for off grid camping, fantastic, requires 12v cigarette lighter socket and LPG. Tried to upload picture but too large?! JustKampers have them at £150

M

Monner

VIP Member
If you are on electric hook-up, can you use the main socket (with a three pin adapter) at the console by the side of the sink near the passenger seat to run a laptop? I haven't tried yet as I've only had my MP a few weeks and only been away once so far.

BabaJen

From another runner :)

I use a lavolta car charger for my mscbook air, just plugs into any 12v socket,

I use baby wipes for post race wipe-down :) Wait until I find a hot shower source before progressing to anything more advanced.

Most of the time, like Sunday (Cardiff 10k) I'm off-grid so only 12v available and limited water supply.