Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New To The Group

Dundry

Welcome Phil, can I ask if you have a delivery date in May or is that just an estimate from the dealer? I ordered in August and still have no firm date yet - was originally estimated December. The price increase from 1st Jan has also just put the price of my order up by £1750.

Roy C

Welcome Phil, can I ask if you have a delivery date in May or is that just an estimate from the dealer? I ordered in August and still have no firm date yet - was originally estimated December. The price increase from 1st Jan has also just put the price of my order up by £1750.
Surely if you ordered before the price rise then you won't be subject to the increase?

Dundry

Unfortunatley not, the T&C’s from the dealer are that a price rise applies before the delivery date is confirmed, which is why having no confimed delivery date but ordered on 16 August is quite annoying. I get the impression that the factory has been holding back confirmations so it can introduce the price rise to orders likely to be delivered in 2018.

Philip Smith

Surely if you ordered before the price rise then you won't be subject to the increase?

Bit long winded answer but...... We looked at the Polo in September, I have shares in my company that I can realise in May 18 to buy outright. I explained this to MB and did the spec for a factory order and left a deposit of £1k. The order was placed with the factory last week with a due date of late April, the dealer will hold until May. So I guess 16 weeks is the answer?

Phil

Katie

Dundry
I can’t believe you will have to pay the increased price - it seems very unfair that you sign a contract not knowing what you have to pay.
I ordered in October, with an expected delivery date in March but there is nothing on the paperwork I have received to say I will have to pay extra if the price goes up between order and delivery.
I wonder if it is even legal to do so - perhaps you could threaten to withdraw your order and see what they say - perhaps a bigger discount or free servicing might help ?

Roy C

Dundry
I can’t believe you will have to pay the increased price - it seems very unfair that you sign a contract not knowing what you have to pay.
I ordered in October, with an expected delivery date in March but there is nothing on the paperwork I have received to say I will have to pay extra if the price goes up between order and delivery.
I wonder if it is even legal to do so - perhaps you could threaten to withdraw your order and see what they say - perhaps a bigger discount or free servicing might help ?

Likewise, I’ve checked my order form and there is nothing in the ts &cs that states I have to pay an increased price.

Dundry

to be fair the dealer warned me that the price increase would apply if the factory hadn't confirmed the build date. However I ordered in August expecting confirmation fairly quickly but have just been told the increase applies and a build date of May, which seems to be similar to those ordering now, so I've waited 4 months and nothing has happened. I can't be sure that all dealers are handling orders in the same way so I think I have no choice but to go with the dealer I'm stuck with :-(

funkyegg

Agreed, totally unfair to be held liable to pay for the increase at delivery. I ordered at the end of August and the van got delivered to the dealer ship end of Nov. When I paid the deposit ,I had the sales person to put a clause that price is fixed until delivery and he didn't have any issue with that. The sales person also kept me informed every two weeks by sending me a build status report from Merc. It does see to me that the standard of dealerships varies so much across the country.

Dundry

I've reluctantly accepted that despite ordering in August the dealer didn't have any allocation so in reality my order was in stasis. I have now been allocated a vehicle for manufacture in April and delivery end of May. The new price rise applies. I'm still getting the 8% discount, so I'm sanguine as could have gone for another dealer with possibly an earlier delivery but less discount so I'm unsure I've been prejudiced. What I have come to realise is that the dealers have limited allocations, the factory haven't been that helpful and the AMG is in short supply. There are still lots of nearly new out there but they are mostly sports model and don't have all the options I wanted. Its such a massive purchase I'm happy to wait and get the spec I want as I'll be keeping the vehicle long term. My spec is:

AMG 250 Canvasite Blue
Towing Package
Water heater and Air Heater
Awning