Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New members

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
We are newbies to this as we have just bought our first camper van a MP..
we are off on our first trip & it’s the Highland 500 so fingers crossed all goes well
Be grateful for any tips
Marilyn

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
I’m feeling very lucky having read the wait that people have had after ordering their MP. We went to look at various vans, makes & models & came across a MP for sale at Mercedes World. The finish is far superior to the others that we looked at & were able to buy straight away. Picked it up a week later. It was a cancelled order & therefore came with the extras that the previous purchaser wanted. As it tuned out, we would have had the same, so feeling very lucky indeed.

Steve B

Hello and Welcome - Very lucky to find a new MP and get the spec you wanted. The highland 500 is on our list, we have the book 'take the slow road' by Martin Dorey which is a great guide to it.

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
Hello and Welcome - Very lucky to find a new MP and get the spec you wanted. The highland 500 is on our list, we have the book 'take the slow road' by Martin Dorey which is a great guide to it.
Many thanks for your help

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
We had a very successful first trip doing the NC500, totally awesome. I made a few changes to storage which help us manage 3 weeks away. Mainly I took the chairs out of the huge hanging bag in which they came & stored them underneath. Also added a plastic tray which we kept all the bits & bobs, hose, electric cable, anchor pegs etc.
This meant that the hanging chair bag was available for the extra clothing that was needed. Worked brilliantly

Steve B

Good to hear your trip went well, we keep making tweaks to our storage, and the hanging bag is awkward to get stuff out of.

SteveR

Glad your trip was successful
First thing that I did was ditch the hanging bag completely. Also the chairs followed soon after and were replaced with smaller, packable Helinox chairs.
There is also a thread on here about Ikea wrapping paper storage that fit and stack perfectly in the MP boot for excellent storage and organisation

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
Glad your trip was successful
First thing that I did was ditch the hanging bag completely. Also the chairs followed soon after and were replaced with smaller, packable Helinox chairs.
There is also a thread on here about Ikea wrapping paper storage that fit and stack perfectly in the MP boot for excellent storage and organisation
I’ll have to see if I can find it, thanks.
We haven’t struggled with storage as much as I thought we would. As well as the MP chairs we also manage to take two padded gravity chairs for laying in the sun etc really comfortable.
I think for 1st timers we did really well & looking forward to getting away again
Any tips on anything would be appreciated

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
Good to hear your trip went well, we keep making tweaks to our storage, and the hanging bag is awkward to get stuff out of.
We used travel bags for packing clothes into categories & lived out the relevant bag as needed. Still used the ‘wardrobe’ with same bags, worked very well