Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Marco Polo

WillC

Hi All
Just joined the group as expect to pick up my Marco Polo in March. First time owning a camper van , any suggestions on essentials to carry on board will be welcomed. I think main use will be day van to start with, but who knows what the future holds. Tess the labrador will be with me too for our adventures.

SteveR

Hi and Welcome to the forum,
Have a mooch about the forum as there are a whole bunch of threads on accessories and also dogs :)
Part of the fun is fitting out the van to your requirements so enjoy the process. I'd suggest not getting everything that you *think* you need in one go, just build up slowly as and when you decide on stuff and also have a walk around campsites with Tess and check out what other people have done. Be prepared for a well used bank card though :)
Good luck and enjoy your MP

WillC

Thanks SteveR for advice about waiting and seeing what you need, can see it might be different to what you think you need, saved me a few £. Cheers

Blackrat

Good advice from Steve above but to get yourself started you will need a gas bottle as they don’t come as standard. It’s a Campinggas 907. They pop up quite frequently on the likes of Gumtree for around £20.
You will also need to buy an electric hook up lead. A length of hose for topping up the water tank is handy but not essential.

SteveR

Good advice from Steve above but to get yourself started you will need a gas bottle as they don’t come as standard. It’s a Campinggas 907. They pop up quite frequently on the likes of Gumtree for around £20.
You will also need to buy an electric hook up lead. A length of hose for topping up the water tank is handy but not essential.
I believe there was recently an inmate on here selling two full 907 bottles. Think that may have been in your area too

The fat controller

Hi and congratulations willc! Enjoy getting to know it & at least you won't have to wait too long to use it. The advice I got was that if you camp you've likely got most of what you need already so 'wait & see' a good approach.... But don't let that stop you, it's not easy to keep the excitement in check!

WillC

Cheers guys for all the excellent advice, cant wait to get on the road, hopefully in the next month, virus allowing of course. Much appreciate the advice.

Steve B

Welcome and your the same as most of us, waiting for the release from captivity. SteveR has summed it up well; there are lists on here of what you could spend a lot of money on. I think working out how you will use it is key - full service campsites/remote fields, full weeks/a couple of days, summer/all season, a daily driver and day trips out; most probably a blend of a few of these. This will help with decisions like awnings, solar, roof wraps etc.