Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Marco Polo - what to get?

bretth

Hi, very excited to collect our new Marco Polo Sport next week. I'm looking at things to buy for it... essential stuff. I presume an electric hook up cable is first? (We'll go to campsites mainly). How long a cable should I go for, and what sort do UK campsite have (and is it different in France/Spain)?

Anything else that's a must?

Also - has anyone installed a TV in a Marco Polo (or use one)? I know, but like our luxuries....

TIA

Roy C

I have both a 1o metre hookup cable and a 25 metre one. For most campsites the 10m one is fine but at events like Car Fest the hook up can be a distance away. Campsites often advise if the hook up is not close but I take both just in case and you can even connect them together to get 35 metres! 2.5mm squared core cable is recommended over the 1.5mm squared. I've only camped in the UK so I'll let others advise on the quirks associated with France / Spain.

I don't have a TV but I do connect my iPad to a mini projector and project it onto the side door blind from the table. It's like having a 32" TV but without the bulk. I'm thinking about getting a white screen to attach to the door blind somehow to get a punchier image. It would even be possible to project onto the front part of the roof fabric and get a large screen TV with the rear seats suitably reclined but I haven't quite got around to testing that.

ClaireDe

I started a similar thread under Accessories back in June - have a look at the replies as they were very helpful and these are some of the things I've bought and like / found useful:

25m electric hook up - and the UK adaptor (for charging at home) and the Euro adaptor (only needed it on one campsite in France). 25m was too long for the campsites we visited but I know we will need the length for some campsites. I also bought a cable tidy reel from Amazon.
Thule awning hold down straps
Brandrup Water fill in set
Non slip mats for cupboards
Safety stuff like fire extinguisher and CO detector which I already had.
(all above from the Club shop)
Also:
Shower extension and holder (from MB Germany) - quite expensive and not essential but good to wash sand off feet etc
Front mats and bike rack (from MB dealer UK)
Mattress topper for lower bed (from Zonesleep)
Screen cover and pop top cover (from Rainbow screens) - useful for privacy /keeping out the light, insulation and preventing condensation

I've also bought some microfibre towels and nice cotton sheets - seem to be spending a fortune on this van!

Not installed a TV but entertainment / media screen does play DVDs.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your van!

bretth

Brilliant thanks for your replies - great advice. Love the projector TV idea Roy. Will be buying those bits Claire. Yes, the big expense of buying a van is only the start ££££. He he.

ClaireDe

I got the Thule ones - awning is Thule so I thought I'd go for the Thule kit but I imagine all the tie-down kits work well.
https://shop.marcopoloownersclub.com/product/thule-hold-down-side-strap-kit-307916/
They did seem overkill when I first opened them but I've used them a few times now and they're really good. Surface area of the awning is big and these give some extra reassurance and keep it steady. There are also reviews on the vw cali club website.

Israel

Hi, very excited to collect our new Marco Polo Sport next week. I'm looking at things to buy for it... essential stuff. I presume an electric hook up cable is first? (We'll go to campsites mainly). How long a cable should I go for, and what sort do UK campsite have (and is it different in France/Spain)?

Anything else that's a must?

Also - has anyone installed a TV in a Marco Polo (or use one)? I know, but like our luxuries....

TIA
Best recommendation... don't get crazy and wait until you know you need something before buy what others say. There are many different ways to use the car and all of them need different gadgets ;-)

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

jeff porter

hi re tv, I bought some 2 way clear rubber suction pads, super glued the underside ones to the tv rubber mounts and just wet and pressed to the glass on the top sink glass, can easily be moved off if needed when away and put on fridge/oven glass when not in use, as the mains plug is that side made sense, also ran a 12v power point to same area behind trims so can ve watched on the move also! 680 miles hasn't shifted yet! (fingers crossed.

Just a thought...IMG_0978.jpg