Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New 2022 Marco Polo, No Spare or Tyre Inflation Kit

G

Graham Carr

VIP Member
I have just had my new Marco Polo AMG 300D delivered. I thought that I was going mad when I could not find the tyre inflation kit. I am told be the dealer that MB no longer provides either a spare tyre or a tyre inflation kit as “Mercedes-Benz have tried to save weight where they can”.

The vehicle has standard tyres, not run-flats. Is this correct? It does not seem right to me.

Has any one had a similar experience with a new delivery

The fat controller

Yeah this is the situation.

Took me a while to get my head around but it is what it is. You can always get a tube of gooey stuff to make yourself feel better but TBH a blowout is likely to mean a call out even with it I would think.

gvh

Agree with this.

Had a damaged tyre wall on our BMW after a slight disagreement with a rocky mountain road and the fact that we had run-flats got us to the nearest garage without having to wait for any call out services.

I guess it would be a guaranteed call-out with the MP.

G

Graham Carr

VIP Member
Yeah this is the situation.

Took me a while to get my head around but it is what it is. You can always get a tube of gooey stuff to make yourself feel better but TBH a blowout is likely to mean a call out even with it I would think.
I get your point on a blowout but my concern is more around slow punctures. It just dose not feel right that a quality vehicle has no provision for this.

SteveR

I have just had my new Marco Polo AMG 300D delivered. I thought that I was going mad when I could not find the tyre inflation kit. I am told be the dealer that MB no longer provides either a spare tyre or a tyre inflation kit as “Mercedes-Benz have tried to save weight where they can”.

The vehicle has standard tyres, not run-flats. Is this correct? It does not seem right to me.

Has any one had a similar experience with a new delivery
Hi @Graham Carr
Does your MP have the floorpan area to be able to add a spare? What I mean is that I have a 2019 that has a spare wheel under the rear floor. Is your floorpan similar to add a cheaper steel wheel?
I know you shouldn't have to but hey

G

Graham Carr

VIP Member
Hi @Graham Carr
Does your MP have the floorpan area to be able to add a spare? What I mean is that I have a 2019 that has a spare wheel under the rear floor. Is your floorpan similar to add a cheaper steel wheel?
I know you shouldn't have to but hey
I don’t think so, it has a tow bar fitted and has a fibre cover on the underside of the vehicle.

SteveR

I don’t think so, it has a tow bar fitted and has a fibre cover on the underside of the vehicle.
Tow bar shouldn't interfere. Mine is fitted with the factory removable towbar. Might be worth looking into perhaps as an option?
Failing that I'd carry a small compressor and tyre plug kit similar to what I have had for my motorbikes. They're not overly expensive either

Epigram

Clearly MB are not familiar with British country roads - or mountain ones for that matter
My local dealer drove back my MP to my home just before Xmas. They manged to take out an inside tyrewall on a pothole. No amount of foam from a tyre repair kt would resolve that. Luckily they were able to get a tyre company to come out to replace the tyre……. afte several days !
Similarly, on mountain roads where (unavoidable) rocks fall on the road in the early morning after overnight frosts, it is relatively easy to take out a tyre coming round a corner. With no phone signal for MB Assit, it is better for peace of mind with low profile tyre is to have a spare wheel. Fuel economy is not the priority when you are carrying the kitchen sink.