Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My Marco Polo has landed

Roy C

Yep same here although I'm a bit mystified as to why no DAB. No Burmeister I can understand because you'd need places to put extra speakers, sub-woofer etc. and that may not be an option with kitchen and the "seats to bed" configuration but why no DAB? I'm really not looking forward to listening to Radio 5 Live on AM and getting that signal fade every time I go under a motorway bridge. Let me know what after market DAB option you go for since I haven't even got my MP yet so I'm going to hang fire on buying accessories ahead of the van.

ding33

We have found using tune-in via the internet radio option on the comand system enables us to listen to digital only stations and almost makes up for lack of DAB...

Roy C

That's interesting. Does it use your Smartphone data contract or is this part of the Comand Online subscription?

Smartphone data so only good if on a large plan and in Europe (we both have 20gb a month)
This is very interesting as the dealer told us that we use our smartphone but NOT the data (made no sense to me either) I’ll clarify this when we pick ours up and report back.

No DAB as they haven’t worked out how to get an arial to work with the roof apparently.....

To quote:

Unfortunately you cannot get DAB at all on the Marco-Polo as the pop-up
roof interferes with the systems. I will show you how you can use the app on
your phone and play it through the car - this does not use your data.

ding33

The internet radio runs via connecting to WiFi hotspot on my iPhone. I am assuming it is using my data but have never checked this - however can’t really see how it wouldn’t! Would be interested to know for sure...

The internet radio runs via connecting to WiFi hotspot on my iPhone. I am assuming it is using my data but have never checked this - however can’t really see how it wouldn’t! Would be interested to know for sure...

I mean that was my thought, but I have it in writing from mercedes so we will see! I thought that the Marco could become a hotspot, I’m sure he brochure eludes to that with command, which would suggest it has its own sim, but not quite sure why you need your phone then unless it’s just so you can use an app I.e. rather than using a feature in command you use an app on your phone but data from the vehicle sim...

This is all speculation until we get ours of course!!