Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My Marco Polo has landed

mptripsaway

I took delivery of my MP last week. Its a 250d AMG in Cavansite blue with awning, towing pack, command online, driving assistance pack, lane tracking, 360 cameras, Aux heater & prewired for USB in headrest. It is my day vehicle also and I seem to spend a lot of time driving around for no particular reason. :)
Only had two nights away so far to try out, we start our first proper outing next week. I bought it from Tom at Robinsons in Peterborough and although he is still on a steep learning curve regarding Marco Polo the service and help he provided were excellent.
WP_20170730_001.jpg WP_20170730_001.jpg

Roy C

Very nice - I haven't ordered but expect to go for the blue. Was there anything you didn't tick on the options list? :)

Graham

Congratulations. Looks fabulous. I haven't driven yet as MB Glasgow had one briefly, sold it and waiting a new one. Did you drive the Sport and the AMG before choosing AMG? Interested to know why you went for AMG. How is the sport suspension? Did you get a discount? Any guidance much appreciated. Cheers.

mptripsaway

As soon as I saw the MP in the showroom I knew that I wanted one I had been looking at the Cali Ocean for some time but the customer service was pretty dire and I struggled to get anywhere, I also knew that the MP was due to launch in UK. To be honest I chose the AMG based on the styling touches and the Top Gear review. I only got to drive a V class 250d for a day and to be fair with the exception of a little extra weight the drive is very similar, I just trusted in it being a MB. The build quality in my opinion is much better than the Cali Ocean and with the exception of chair/table storage and the cult status of the Cali I'd have an MP everytime. I love the driving assist pack with distronic cruise control and the command online. On the habitation side I have a lot to learn. In terms of price there was a little wriggle room on list but as MB only plan 100 units for UK this year It was tough negotiation, if you are happy with your deal that is what matters.

mptripsaway

A few more photos of my MP from our most recent break.
I thought members might be interested to see the bike carrier, it is mounted on the towball so there is no contact between the carrier and MP paintwork! As you can see with the rack tilted away it is possible to open rear window or door as you choose.

mptripsaway

Hi,
It is a Atera Strada Vario3 as sold by roofbox .co.uk. I did a bit of research and I think that this is the exact bike carrier that MB sell as an accessory in two bike format but with an MB badge!
I think the Atera strada DL3 will do the same job at a lower price but I wanted the more compact storage when not in use.

mptripsaway

If anyone buys this bike carrier, if you open the tailgate without bikes mounted on the rack it needs a little manual downward pressure so that the arc of the tailgate clears the carrier. With my two bikes on board the tailgate clears by approx 2cm.

mptripsaway

It is a three panel windbreak made by 'Royal' I have owned it for years and it works perfectly with the MP awning giving just enough to protect front and one side. We are not so keen on driveaway awnings as we like to be outside mainly and will only use windbreak when necessary (as it was in the picture). Look forward to seeing some pictures of your van.

funkyegg

I took delivery of my MP last week. Its a 250d AMG in Cavansite blue with awning, towing pack, command online, driving assistance pack, lane tracking, 360 cameras, Aux heater & prewired for USB in headrest. It is my day vehicle also and I seem to spend a lot of time driving around for no particular reason. :)
Only had two nights away so far to try out, we start our first proper outing next week. I bought it from Tom at Robinsons in Peterborough and although he is still on a steep learning curve regarding Marco Polo the service and help he provided were excellent.
View attachment 7 View attachment 7
Fab looking car. How long did you have to wait for this beauty to be built and delivered? We ordered ours this weekend and just can't wait

funkyegg

Thanks, that sounds really quick. I was thinking to get the Burmester audio upgrade but the brochure didn't say it was possible. What do you think the standard audio system in your car and are you happy with it?

mptripsaway

Sorry, the burmister system would be wasted on me, I'm an outdoors person and a bit deaf! The system fitted with command online is just fine.

Nick Pye

I'm waiting for the same colour van but without the AMG. That bike rack is amazing and if mine doesn't suit the van I'll go for it too. Was the dog included?? :)

Hector Pascal

We wish you joy in your vehicle. As it happens that is exactly the machine and spec we would shoot for plus the Burmeister Hi-Fi. It does look great and your hound seems to be satisfied with your choice.

Roy C

We wish you joy in your vehicle. As it happens that is exactly the machine and spec we would shoot for plus the Burmeister Hi-Fi. It does look great and your hound seems to be satisfied with your choice.
Unfortunately the Burmeister sound system is only an option on the standard V-class and is not an option on the MP. That omission along with no DAB radio option is a disappointing one for me.