Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MP 'On Hold' from Mercedes

Kevin Day

Hi All,

I thought I would post here as well as FB...

Yesterday MB Brooklands told me that my van would arrive on 3rd August. Today they gave me a formal letter stating the following:

Daimler AG has reached an agreement with the German Federal Ministry of Transport and the German Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) to achieve a preferably fast and effective improvement of emissions in real driving operation by software updates.

Awaiting a corresponding recall also in the UK, Daimler AG has taken a precautionary action and instructed a stop of registration and delivery to customers for some vehicles.

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that the vehicle you have ordered is affected by this. We are working intensively to find a solution and regret any inconvenience caused.

We will contact you at short notice regarding the next steps.

So I now have no idea if/when it will arrive. It's sort of ruined our summer holiday....

Katie

What a disappointment for you
Does your dealer have any mps that have already been registered that you could have at a suitable price or could you look elsewhere and cancel your order perhaps?
You really should not lose your deposit in this situation

Kevin Day

Unfortunately not... I'm negotiating about deposit and may buy second hand at the weekend, but it won't be 'my' Marco Polo!

Katie

I know it must be a disappointment but could you borrow an mp from the dealer or the wider group to go away in on your next lot of hols and still keep your order in place?
Alternatively, in order to keep 'your' mp, would a reduction in price help? You could then use the money towards alternative holiday and the dealer would keep your order.

I have it on good authority that the V class diesel embargo will be lifted on Monday. I don’t know what this will do to the delivery dates.

Graham

I'm in the same boat. Ordered from MB Edinburgh end of February with a delivery date 10th August, which was forever at the time. I got in touch to ask if there was any chance of getting it early to be told of the embargo, but no explanation.

I really hope you are right EventHorizon. Even if delivery is delayed, i just need some certainty as our trip to Italy is depending on the van being here earlyish August. Fortunately we have a bit of flexibility on dates, but having to pull the plug on it doesn't bear thinking about.

Lizzie

Hi Guys, Is there any update on this? worried about our delivery due at the end of the month - our dealer says all appears ok but didn't know anything about the above!

Graham

I have an update, but it’s not good news as it is still on hold. I have been told is that it depends on when the actual vehicle was built, with anything built from June onwards being ok. Mine was built in April and passed to Westfalia at the beginning of May. The vehicle is sitting waiting to be shipped but Mercedes will not allow it to come over and be registered. That’s the story anyway.

Lizzie

Thanks for the update - will check with our dealer when ours was built. Fingers crossed!

Lizzie

Just been informed that our delivery date has changed to 2nd week in October - so bang goes our holiday in September! Not sure what to do now, we will look at our options over the weekend - may cancel our order!

BabaJen

Just been informed that our delivery date has changed to 2nd week in October - so bang goes our holiday in September! Not sure what to do now, we will look at our options over the weekend - may cancel our order!

That is so miserable for you :( A dreadful time for MB to be placing this embargo, just when so many plans are ready to come to fruition. I suspect as with VW 8 months ago we are seeing a trend that is going to be repeated over and over again as vehicle manufacturers are having to face real-world emissions certification.

Has there been any move from MB to offer a loan vehicle? I appreciate they are thin on the ground in the UK but surely something has been offered to compensate for a wrecked holiday?

Graham

Confirmation this morning that it is unlikely delivery will be this month. Order was placed on 23rd Feb. The date MB have been telling me from outset was 10th August, although the order form just states "delivery is estimated to be August".
Plan B is now well underway! Fortunately we have some accommodation organised, so it is just a case of filling in the blanks and taking the car. Not going to be the holiday we planned, but not going to let it get in the way of having a good time.