Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MP Embargo in the UK

Graham

Just had THE call. Embargo lifted and my Marco Polo has been cleared to be shipped to the dealer.

There is still a software update to be released and applied, but the lad has promised to take a few pictures and send them to me. After all, as has been said elsewhere on the forum, if there’s no,pictures, it doesn’t exist!

I think they are just about as excited as I am.

Graham

Me too. Van arrived at dealership and the software update already applied. Waiting on them sending through a few pictures to prove it.

Picking up on Sunday.

MB in Leeds must be after their commission. Asked to insure my van from tomorrow so they could claim it on their end of September figures. Told them I wasn't doing anything until the van is there and ready for delivery. They're talking about the end of next week.

Graham

That's a bit of a cheek. I am shopping around for insurance. It's suddenly all happening so fast - after 7 months waiting!

Just updated my profile to reflect the fact that I now feel I am not longer "looking to buy". Now just need a photo of the van and it's complete. 3 sleeps.

Graham

Happy indeed. Excellent. Have you organised insurance? I've had one or two slightly eye watering quotes so far on top of a couple of declinatures or wanting a tracker. I have no NCD for this as it's an additional vehicle and they all see parked in a drive as being as bad as on the street.

Graham

Just home with my new MP. Great feeling. 2 hour handover and there was so much to take in I can’t remember any of it!

Pictures to follow.

jbean2567

Happy indeed. Excellent. Have you organised insurance? I've had one or two slightly eye watering quotes so far on top of a couple of declinatures or wanting a tracker. I have no NCD for this as it's an additional vehicle and they all see parked in a drive as being as bad as on the street.

It was a heavy insurance the first year and I wasn’t convinced they knew what I was insuring ‍♀️ This year we went with the Caravan club insurance which was cheaper and I am more confident in

GeorgeG

Just home with my new MP. Great feeling. 2 hour handover and there was so much to take in I can’t remember any of it!

Pictures to follow.

I had the luxury of a 5 minute handover! I knew more about the MP than the dealer, just from what I’d gleaned from this forum. Shocking.

GeorgeG

It was a heavy insurance the first year and I wasn’t convinced they knew what I was insuring ‍♀️ This year we went with the Caravan club insurance which was cheaper and I am more confident in

I’m thinking of changing insurers. I’m with Comfort (underwritten by Aviva), but they don’t acknowledge NCD. We’ve just disposed of one of our cars and as my wife now insures our remaining car, I’ve use of my full NCD on the MP. Does the Caravan Club take account of NCD? Also, the MP is actually listed as a MPV on the V5 and I wonder if this will help to reduce the premium.

jbean2567

I’m thinking of changing insurers. I’m with Comfort (underwritten by Aviva), but they don’t acknowledge NCD. We’ve just disposed of one of our cars and as my wife now insures our remaining car, I’ve use of my full NCD on the MP. Does the Caravan Club take account of NCD? Also, the MP is actually listed as a MPV on the V5 and I wonder if this will help to reduce the premium.

I would have to look mine out when I get back this week and get back to you as I’m not sure of all the details..
I had the luxury of a 5 minute handover! I knew more about the MP than the dealer, just from what I’d gleaned from this forum. Shocking.

Ours was I guess adequate mostly in handover but it has been a pleasant surprise to find out this weekend we had auxiliary heating worth £1800 plus a £300 remote!

Graham

Photo as promised. Didn't get much time to spend on it yesterday but, after waiting for 7 months, when we got home the Ryder Cup took priority! I will spend next weekend away somewhere getting to know it. As I see it, there are two main challenges - the campervan stuff e.g. everything on the control panel, and the V Class stuff i.e. all the car/nav/driving aids/controls etc. A not inconsiderable task with each.

My main concern is to do with the leisure battery given how long it was sitting waiting for this whole sorry affair to end. To be fair to the dealership, they have said to just holler if I have any concerns, or cannot fathom anything out, but making sure the battery is ok is the main priority.

Lots of online quotes and phone calls and ended up with insurance through Adrian Flux. I had no transferable NCD as this is an additional car to the household. £460 with LV Highway, so fairly reassured that it's a mainstream insurer.

Just frustrated to be sitting at a desk this morning when there's a whole world out there!

Attachments

• Marco Polo.jpg
    Marco Polo.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 30