Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing piece of trim

1508ian

A small piece of the plastic trim at the LH end of one of our blind slots has disappeared - picture of RH one attached. Can't imagine an MB dealer having much interest in finding a replacement, although I haven't yet tried. Any ideas where I might find one? I've tried car breakers but no joy - I expect most MPs are driven by people who don't crash them...
Only a minor irritant really.

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3112.jpg
    IMG_3112.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 12

Grand Tourismo

A small piece of the plastic trim at the LH end of one of our blind slots has disappeared - picture of RH one attached. Can't imagine an MB dealer having much interest in finding a replacement, although I haven't yet tried. Any ideas where I might find one? I've tried car breakers but no joy - I expect most MPs are driven by people who don't crash them...
Only a minor irritant really.
My MB dealer is happy to share screen images of the component parts so you can tell them exactly which item you want ordered. You obviously need to give them the relevant details so they can locate the right page etc, but it is fairly easy to do.

1508ian

Thanks GT - I'll give that a go.
On an unrelated topic - I've fitted the Solar Camper Solutions 100W solar panel with the MPPT controller - great piece of kit which will hopefully keep the leisure battery in good fettle.

Grand Tourismo

Thanks GT - I'll give that a go.
On an unrelated topic - I've fitted the Solar Camper Solutions 100W solar panel with the MPPT controller - great piece of kit which will hopefully keep the leisure battery in good fettle.
Excellent bit of kit, on advice from PaulMC I had my fridge on setting 3 or 4, 24hrs per day for most of April, which with solar pack doesn't put a dent in the available voltage of your leisure battery.
You may notice the voltage dropping down to say 12.?v , this is just the MPPT conditioning your battery, it will soon return back up to 14.?v.

I have not yet understood how to read the report in the app. but I like to look at all the charts to make me feel important! :D

1508ian

Excellent bit of kit, on advice from PaulMC I had my fridge on setting 3 or 4, 24hrs per day for most of April, which with solar pack doesn't put a dent in the available voltage of your leisure battery.
You may notice the voltage dropping down to say 12.?v , this is just the MPPT conditioning your battery, it will soon return back up to 14.?v.

I have not yet understood how to read the report in the app. but I like to look at all the charts to make me feel important! :D

1508ian

Haven’t tried leaving the fridge on - I got the panel mainly to keep the leisure battery charged, as we’ve no easy access to a mains plug. We haven’t been able to do any long trips during lockdown, and the voltage showing on the MP panel was regularly dropping well below 12 and it was showing only one or two bars which was a bit of a concern.
Like you I’m struggling to interpret the history charts but it does give a certain sense of superiority to see them there, even I don’t really know if what they are showing is good or bad…
The minimum voltage each day on mine seems to be about 12.6 to 12.8, and the maximum about 14.4, and it seems pretty quickly to get to the float stage. The first few days it pumped a whole lot of juice into the battery. I’m not sure how much should be going in now if there is no load on the battery.
I’m hoping that if there is any sulphation in the battery the MPPT charge controller may help to resolve it.
My main concern is to avoid being stuck in the middle of nowhere and not be able to get the roof down because the battery has died…!

Grand Tourismo

We haven’t been able to do any long trips during lockdown, and the voltage showing on the MP panel was regularly dropping well below 12 and it was showing only one or two bars which was a bit of a concern.
I do not really understand the battery bars thing in the control panel (I have the mk1 version with the separate control unit). The bars don't seem to relate to reality and when you fire the vehicle up the bars sort themselves out.

I keep the fridge on just in case we decide to nip out for an ad hoc picnic in the van, but given we had snow the other day I think it might help work as a heater!!