Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercedes warranty on side awning?

edzt

I've just noticed the plastic 'gearbox' cover/housing on my awning is broken in a couple of places, when you wind the awning out, it's a bit wobbly!
As the van is still within warranty, Is it worth a trek to a dealer or are they going to tell me it is Thules' problem

edzt

Yes, I think you are right. It's not the cover, it's the end plate that houses the winding gearbox. Thule will only sell you the complete unit including gears as far as I can see, but such is life!

Epigram

I've just noticed the plastic 'gearbox' cover/housing on my awning is broken in a couple of places, when you wind the awning out, it's a bit wobbly!
As the van is still within warranty, Is it worth a trek to a dealer or are they going to tell me it is Thules' problem
If the awning was sold with the van by Mercedes, then it’s Mercedes problem to resolve irrespective of whether you can buy a spare part directly from Thule.
The Thule “part” is supplied to Westfalia who are subcontracted to do the campervan conversation by Mercedes.
It has to be “fit for purpose” .and like anything else Mercedes have to take overall responsibility for quality control of their subcontractor(s) and parts.

Method7

Yes i agree with the above, take it back to MB. I just had some warrantee work done on mine, most of it on the westfalia bits. Not to mention the roof...

ThreeBoats

T'was a bit windy a couple if days ago and I had not thought to wind the awning in before i left the van for the day. I returned to the news from my neighbouring camper that they had to pin my awning feet down as it was getting lifted in the wind.

Result is that both the metal brackets are now bent backwards towards the van, everything is still functioning as should, but they are bent.....and not as they should be.

Would warranty cover replacing the two brackets?....as this was caused be user error...

Method7

T'was a bit windy a couple if days ago and I had not thought to wind the awning in before i left the van for the day. I returned to the news from my neighbouring camper that they had to pin my awning feet down as it was getting lifted in the wind.

Result is that both the metal brackets are now bent backwards towards the van, everything is still functioning as should, but they are bent.....and not as they should be.

Would warranty cover replacing the two brackets?....as this was caused be user error...
Really?