Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercedes Dealer Bromley/Sydenham

Ki5hoo

Good Morning,
I recently bought a Marco Polo from Germany, a LHD vehicle as no dealer in the UK would supply it to me. It took a while to get it over due to Covid and now awaiting registration papers so that I may drive it. The reason foe a left hand drive was that I would be able to use in Europe and then take it over to Canada and the USA.
I had called the parts department of Mercedes
Bromley to order a spare tyre. I spoke with a guy in the parts department named Craig. He asked for the licence plate number to which I said it hadn’t been registered yet. I gave him the VIN number and he looked it up. He then informed me that they would not be able to supply me with a spare tyre as it’s not to UK spec!! He also informed me that they would also not be able to service the vehicle and supply any parts!! Has anyone got a LHD vehicle and had the same responses? I asked to be put through to the manager and Craig told me that he was not in but he would call me tomorrow when he got back.
REALLY!!!

Attachments

• 88DB31F8-8473-488C-A06A-20361CC167D0.jpeg
    88DB31F8-8473-488C-A06A-20361CC167D0.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 2A755885-6ABA-4B8A-B0BC-7CCFB2E6852D.jpeg
    2A755885-6ABA-4B8A-B0BC-7CCFB2E6852D.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 27

Epigram

Make a complaint to Mercedes head of customers services. The tyre and permitted wheel sizes are in the online manual by the way and it it not UK specific!

Epigram

The wide screen display looks good. Does it have MBUX and “Hey Mercedes”?
Where in Germany did you buy and how did prices compare to here? i am tempted to replace with a 4WD MP (LHD) purchased in the EU.
I spend a significant portion of the year in Europe and it would enable me to take the MP away in winter. I don't trust 2WD in the mountains in winter even with snow tyres.
The side of the steering wheel has never been an issue for me, especially with an automatic, but I have been known to select neutral instead of wipers if I have not driven a Mercedes for a while!
Good luck with MB Customer Services. It also helps to copy to the Chief Executive Officer for MB. They respond fairly promply.

Ki5hoo

The wide screen display looks good. Does it have MBUX and “Hey Mercedes”?
Where in Germany did you buy and how did prices compare to here? i am tempted to replace with a 4WD MP (LHD) purchased in the EU.
I spend a significant portion of the year in Europe and it would enable me to take the MP away in winter. I don't trust 2WD in the mountains in winter even with snow tyres.
The side of the steering wheel has never been an issue for me, especially with an automatic, but I have been known to select neutral instead of wipers if I have not driven a Mercedes for a while!
Good luck with MB Customer Services. It also helps to copy to the Chief Executive Officer for MB. They respond fairly promply.
Hi! Yes it has MBUX which is pretty cool! The price compared with UK prices was similar, not that much difference. 75k €. Give or take. The other charges like the carrier and IVA stuff puts another 4K on top. IVA took a long time due to Covid. 10 weeks.
I didn’t realize they had 4 wheel drive MP’s!!
They’ve just introduced a new Airide Air Suspension on the newest vans!
thanks foe the info! Much appreciated

Carol

Good Morning,
I recently bought a Marco Polo from Germany, a LHD vehicle as no dealer in the UK would supply it to me. It took a while to get it over due to Covid and now awaiting registration papers so that I may drive it. The reason foe a left hand drive was that I would be able to use in Europe and then take it over to Canada and the USA.
I had called the parts department of Mercedes
Bromley to order a spare tyre. I spoke with a guy in the parts department named Craig. He asked for the licence plate number to which I said it hadn’t been registered yet. I gave him the VIN number and he looked it up. He then informed me that they would not be able to supply me with a spare tyre as it’s not to UK spec!! He also informed me that they would also not be able to service the vehicle and supply any parts!! Has anyone got a LHD vehicle and had the same responses? I asked to be put through to the manager and Craig told me that he was not in but he would call me tomorrow when he got back.
REALLY!!!
I don’t understand this attitude, l purchased my BMW coupe from Holland to UK spec , and when booking my first service they told me it was an import so they did not know the car, Anyway l eventually had it serviced by the dealership, l even recently received a safety recall .l think they get upset if the UK dealership does not supply the vehicle, Wish you luck