Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Membership 300d option missing

BobbyMillar

Hi all

We have just bought a 300d AMG line, very exciting! I've just gone to change my options in the profile and the 330d sport and AMG options are missing from the drop down, just trying to be helpful to the webteam.

Thanks to all, long time watcher, first time contributor!

Steve B

Hello Bobby and welcome. I think tradition says a couple of photos if you can, especially as its the new model. Hope you get to enjoy your new van as lockdown eases.

BobbyMillar

Hi Steve B
It's been a breathless few weeks as we bought an ex demonstrator so went from internet view to owning in less than 1 week. I've only got pics from my drive, and 1 of the engine - the heat/sound shielding in the engine bay and the thoughts to aero on the underside - tray and rear wheel deflectors are nice details and I assume easy wins for efficiency due to massive drag savings. The 300 drives very well (we have come from 5 years of a 08 vito we converted ourselves- very agricultural drive) and the 9 speed seems to always have the right cog to hand. I think the most impressive features are the kick down power and the LED headlights, the cookie cutter effect it does on high beam around oncoming vehicles is impressive.

Now to source a towbar and work out what bits we can use from our previous setup and what to shop for!

Rob

Attachments

• Van 2.jpg
    Van 2.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Van 3.jpg
    Van 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • Van engine.jpg
    Van engine.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Van1.jpg
    Van1.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 34

Steve B

A lovely van and in the 'best' colour (tin hat on!) Even as a day van/everyday driver its great. Does yours have the new grille? I'm happy with the look of the old one but I do like the new one.

BobbyMillar

Yes its got the 'diamond grille' and it does look V. smart, once we get over the feeling of it being a bit showy for us! Yes the drive and internal finish quality was one of the main reasons we bought a MP over a VW as I use it for commuting 3 days a week.
As usual the insurance companies seem to make a meal out of the fact you might dare to use a camper as a daily vehicle and that you need more than a week or so to sell you old van (as you cant be without transport) to port your no claims. But the Blue LED ambient lighting is all that's needed to bring calm!

TMC

Very nice Rob. Have you gone for dark or light seat colour? Any chance of an interior shot. Can't make my mind up. leaning towards dark but worried that cabin might be very dark.

Tim

C

Crispin

VIP Member
Nice.. seems to sit a little higher than my 2018 AMG 250d - with 17 ins rims!

Grand Tourismo

Very nice Rob. Have you gone for dark or light seat colour? Any chance of an interior shot. Can't make my mind up. leaning towards dark but worried that cabin might be very dark.

Tim
I have cream leather seats in another car and they are easy enough to keep clean but black leather in the MP, and therefore a little dark.
Regarding the floor we have the light yacht wood finish, which is easy to keep clean and I think does not show up the scratches as easily as the dark wood...my vote is cream seats, light floor, BUT it's your van and that's the joy of it!!

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member

Tim

I have van with cream and car with sand coloured upholstery. If your going to use it as a car then cream is fine. If you intend to do any camping, living, cooking, eating, drinking and sleeping in it for a period of time, cream will get very grubby. I regret choosing cream for the van, black is a much more sensible choice. Just my view:Thumbs up:

Epigram

I have van with cream and car with sand coloured upholstery. If your going to use it as a car then cream is fine. If you intend to do any camping, living, cooking, eating, drinking and sleeping in it for a period of time, cream will get very grubby. I regret choosing cream for the van, black is a much more sensible choice. Just my view:Thumbs up:
I have cream, and have always chosen light colours for vehicle interiors when given the choice because they are less oppressive and cooler in strong sun.

I gave it a good leather polish as soon as it was delivered it and it has remained unmarked. I agree you need to be on your toes, my biggest worry is ball point pens. If I had young children I would go for black.

BobbyMillar

Hi we have the black with the light flooring. We have cream in our volvo and it's coped alright with our 2 kids but I think the black will stay neater for longer. The cream seems to go slightly grey over time with wear. I think black shows spills etc instantly which promts you to wipe them up!

Pics of interior TMC and diamond grill for Steve B

Attachments

• 20210410_142610.jpg
    20210410_142610.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210410_141939.jpg
    20210410_141939.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210410_142656.jpg
    20210410_142656.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 19

Steve B

Your picture has prompted a rear seat headrest in or out comment. I think visibility is restricted anyway so I also run without them in and keep them in the garage as the holders in the back of the seat are not the best. I went for black and it works for us.

BobbyMillar

Good spot. Although what's missing from the pic is the 2 kids seats that are normally there, hence for us the headrests will live in the garage for a good few years yet.

Steve B

Also, whats in the central console now? Has the fridge/roof control gone to the touch screen or is there still a control unit in there

BobbyMillar

Just the 2 cupholders, a cigarette 12V and a couple of USB/media ports. Yes all the 'camper' controls are now imbedded in the MBUX infotainment system, which is very easy to use. I have emailed MBUK about the missing ability to control these functions from the App as can be done in Europe but seems we will be waiting for an update for that!