Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MBAC control

Liven

Just to confirm as per another thread, no issues with roof functionality via MBAC app on Android, which is seeming like it may be the key.

However, I'm not able to connect to the vehicle at all through the MBAC app without the key in the ignition. This seems to rather defeat the purpose of remote control so I assume this must be a fault. Can anyone confirm please if they experience the same or similar?
hi mate, same for me, I'm wondering if it's the Bluetooth range is too short, once i go back home, the app is frozen, if restart the app, it says lost connection.

The fat controller

Yeah I've had a play. I reckon the range on mine is maybe 3m through 90 degrees ahead. Almost useless.... But not quite! Still means I can put the heater on from indoors!

Liven

Yeah I've had a play. I reckon the range on mine is maybe 3m through 90 degrees ahead. Almost useless.... But not quite! Still means I can put the heater on from indoors!
I guess the main point for me is when you are in the car, using phone to open the roop still much easier and flexible than stick my finger on the car screen all the time.

Morten1

My car was successfully updated from version 1 to 2, and got an update on the "hermes" module (integrated phone, used for geo location and SOS call), and the gearbox as well (to avoid the jerky downshifts). all seams work very well.
Now i just whish i could disable the passenger front airbag.

DPS20K

Hi Morten1. Where did you get this done? My local dealer is saying there isn’t an update available for the MBAC.

Morten1

I am located in Denmark, i got it done at Ejnar hessel in Roskilde. When you pair the MBAC app, it clearly states there are two versions and pictures/images/display will differ depending on the version.

The fat controller

My car was successfully updated from version 1 to 2, and got an update on the "hermes" module (integrated phone, used for geo location and SOS call), and the gearbox as well (to avoid the jerky downshifts). all seams work very well.
Now i just whish i could disable the passenger front airbag.
Glad you've fixed the downshifts. I've booked mine in locally but couldn't get an appointment for 4 weeks! I'll feel much better if it smooths out as it isn't pleasant and can't be doing wonders for the 'box.

pumpsmynads

My mbac won’t connect. My phone does find and connect to mbux however. For calls, contacts, media, etc..
First screen states there are 2 mbac version supported and that I can upgrade from version 1 to 2 foc from the dealer.
So I guess I need to book this in.
mbux, mbac, command, multiple versions… Fking shambles Mercedes.

pumpsmynads

I wrote the above 10 mins ago but posted it anyway even though I worked it out. Hopefully the below will help anyone else struggling?

mbux is connected via the telephone Bluetooth screen. Like any other car you’ve connected to Bluetooth. Easy.
96EA53EA-75E0-4ECE-99DE-B28545A8B9CC.jpeg
mbac is connected via the advanced control option. You follow the screens in the app and u have to make sure that the ‘visible for all devices‘ box is activated. It will then connect and u enter the last 6 digits of the vin number. Then on the next screen u enter the last 8 digits of the vin number (me neither?) and it all connects. Because I had to enter the end of my vin I assume this means I have version 1. I don’t have the option to raise the roof.
06503B57-5887-428F-A022-DE7CCCC11376.jpeg

Marc o Polo

Hi PMP,

Yep like me you are on version 1. as you can't pop up roof on mobile. Let's us know how you get on at dealer when you ask about the updates (software remap) for MBAC please.

Does anyone else’s screen look like this on the section where you are supposed to operate the sound system? I can only change the base and whether I want sound focus in the front or back. So not much use. I mean volume and a play button might be useful!

Attachments

• IMG_3331.png
    IMG_3331.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 1