Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MBAC control

BobbyMillar

Hi All
I had a search and couldn't find much on here about MBAC hence the thread. Following our first trip away at the weekend I was struck that the MBAC was not intuitive with the camping experience as you kept having to wake the system up on the dash to change a setting (e.g. lighting). I have had a ticket in with Mercedes me about the missing controllability of the 'camper' parts from the merc me app for a while now, as I couldn't work out why people in EU could do it on youtube but I couldn't. Long story short and after watching a youtube video in German I found you need to download a new app to control MBAC (called MBAC). Once synced its brilliant and suddenly makes the whole system make sense, as it turns your phone into a remote control, linked via Bluetooth.
The range is good (maybe 30m line of sight), I just need to research a bluetooth booster/repeater so I can turn the heater on from bed, with the van at the bottom of the drive!

Hope this helps people, I found the new app to be a game changer.

BobbyMillar

Hi Will
21 plate. With the MBUX and no control panel in the central compartment in front of the cupholders - replaced by the 'MBAC' i.e. integrated with MBUX but also it importantly turns out with an app.

WillC

Bobby, you are a star, just loaded up the app, works a treat..I've asked Merc dealer repeatedly about operating heating from phone...said wasn't possible, but it is. No more scrapping on frosty morning. You are right game changer

T

TwoRs

VIP Member
Has anyone had problems loading the MBAC app? Only had a MP for a few weeks but cannot get a connection with the camper. All Bluetooth okay but connection doesn't proceed beyond accepting terms.

WillC

Not currently near van at moment but from memory went into van, switched ignition on, then went on dash screen mbux, went into area that can turn fridge on etc, within that area is option to allow Bluetooth, pressed that on, then it would let me in, need VIN number but guess you know that, few mins was up and working. Hope this helps.

T

TwoRs

VIP Member
Thanks WillC. Have tried all this but don't get as far as putting in the VIN No. Have also tried deleting and reloading the app. Does anyone know if there is a helpline for the app or a technical dept at MB that deals with these matters?

Marc o Polo

Hi everyone, jumped on here to ask a question under the MBAC thread hope that's ok?

I have put MBAC on Samsung 9 but note that the facility to pop-up roof option isn't showing. All the others -Aux heating, water, fridge, etc are present on phone. The pop-up roof option is on the MBUX however. The brochure/ads shows people using the smart phone to pop up roof. Mercedes themselves are supposed to be getting back to me but they keep referring to MBAC as Mercedes me?

How are others getting on? Any comments welcome..

Marc o Polo

Hi, Tim,

Did you get sorted?

My experience was that the Bluetooth in the van kept dropping out - the blue light under settings for Bluetooth activation was intermittent - so two of us got involved. I pumped in the info on the phone and - when entering the information and noticing the blue light in the van would switch itself off - if quickly pressed on the touchscreen (by second person who is already in position waiting for this to occur) the Bluetooth light comes on. Bit of a chew I know. Honestly not sure if this action made it work but, whatever happened, persistence paid off after several ridiculous (in hindsight) attempts. I suppose I'm saying just check the van's Bluetooth remains ON throughout procedure.

Having jumped that hurdle we have found all loaded up on the phone nicely apart from missing the pop up roof display on the phone. Might try it again later today when I get a chance to see if it now appears on phone?

In light of what you say, I'm not sure if to leave Bluetooth on in the stationary car all the time....But, it might switch itself off anyway?? I'm now thinking battery?

BobbyMillar

Hi Marc o Polo
The UK app dosn't have the pop top control element, its not just you. I have assumed this is a uk safety legislation thing (not crushing a child etc)...

We have been using our van on serval trips away already and once I got the 2 bluetooth systems synced to the 2 apps (Merc Me and MBAC) we've been fine. I don't have to do anything on the van control panel ever regarding bluetooth connections (its left paired to my phone and bluetooth toggled on). I just turn the bluetooth on in the phone click the MBAC app and wait for the 'data transfer' and voila.

Regards battery usage compared to the fridge its negligible. Without driving we will easily do 3 days off grid (fridge 2/3) and if you drive about for an hr or so that will probably tick you into a 4th - covers long weekends, week trips need a solar panel install or the few £ on a hook up.

Marc o Polo

Hi, Bobby,

Phone - pop top control....That's good to know Bobby, Not even MB knew that, they say they are still investigating.... So thanks for replying..

Thanks too for the other info really helpful and I'm very :Banana Dancegrateful. :Thanks:

BobbyMillar

From my experience with talking to MB about their own apps etc its best to chat on here and experiment yourself/consult youtube as MB know nothing about the MP, hence why I started this thread!

The MBAC app does really change the user experience, we have so far only done off-grid camping so having a good handle on power use by looking at your phone is good. 5 days next week in Scotland on hook up to test on grid and mess around with lights/entertainment etc a bit more.

Marc o Polo

Have you got dashcam? Not very good MB don't offer this, just stating the obvious I suppose - but I'm in need of some advice want one in this vehicle it is something I feel would put my mind at rest. I'm nervous leaving the thing parked up when we are away and want peace of mind when driving too. Can you recommend one?

Method7

Have you got dashcam? Not very good MB don't offer this, just stating the obvious I suppose - but I'm in need of some advice want one in this vehicle it is something I feel would put my mind at rest. I'm nervous leaving the thing parked up when we are away and want peace of mind when driving too. Can you recommend one?
Your previous thread
Dash cams

Marc o Polo

Here's part of an email responding to a phone call I made to MB from home (in England) referring to MBAC pop up roof query? (email received from Netherlands MB)

"Which vehicle statuses and remote services you see and you can control on the head unit of your vehicle, you are able to do the same via the MBAC app on your smartphone within Bluetooth coverage, for example, auxiliary heating, pop-up roof, lighting, etc. So the answer to your question- is it possible to use auxiliary heating and pop-up roof, if yes, how?- is that you can use those via the MBUX of your vehicle or via the Mercedes-Benz Advanced Control app." :Headbang:

Well, Bobbymillar, many thanks again.....:D Sure this will help others.

Marc o Polo

Turns out there is a second generation App upgrade for MP MBAC, Check "MBAC" App on your phones where this is mentioned. That's all the info I have at the moment.

Looks like we are on gen. 1. Upgrading is free tried using the mobile to upgrade can't seem to do it... Looks like you need to contact MB (your dealer?).

Generation two appears to have been rolled out in some vehicles in that they auto connect to appropriate screen on bluetooth when pairing, I didn't have the the second gen screen so it automatically loads generation one it appears to be either, or, I think we are in a bit of a transition period...

Any way the obvious benefit of MBAC generation 2 is that operation of roof can now be via phone as well.

Has any 2021 owner been notified about this from MB I wonder? If anybody knows anything regarding this or, has successfully upgraded from (1 to 2) please advise as I'd like to do same.

The fat controller

Just to confirm as per another thread, no issues with roof functionality via MBAC app on Android, which is seeming like it may be the key.

However, I'm not able to connect to the vehicle at all through the MBAC app without the key in the ignition. This seems to rather defeat the purpose of remote control so I assume this must be a fault. Can anyone confirm please if they experience the same or similar?

DPS20K

Turns out there is a second generation App upgrade for MP MBAC, Check "MBAC" App on your phones where this is mentioned. That's all the info I have at the moment.

Looks like we are on gen. 1. Upgrading is free tried using the mobile to upgrade can't seem to do it... Looks like you need to contact MB (your dealer?).

Generation two appears to have been rolled out in some vehicles in that they auto connect to appropriate screen on bluetooth when pairing, I didn't have the the second gen screen so it automatically loads generation one it appears to be either, or, I think we are in a bit of a transition period...

Any way the obvious benefit of MBAC generation 2 is that operation of roof can now be via phone as well.

Has any 2021 owner been notified about this from MB I wonder? If anybody knows anything regarding this or, has successfully upgraded from (1 to 2) please advise as I'd like to do same.
As it happens my MP (2021) is at Mercedes today for a gearbox check, very jerky downshifts. Anyway, I asked them if there is an update to MBAC on the MBUX system and they said there isn’t. Not 100% convinced they really knew what I was asking as they just checked their system for updates for my vehicle. I’m not sure it would be on there as it’s MP specific. Interested to hear if anybody else has asked or has had it done.