Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maro height restrictions

Hyrule

I was keen on the 1.9m height of Marco but has anyone actually measured the height? Im asking because many car parks have a 2m limit but often the bar is dangling from bits of chain that look suspect. In addition, many car parks around my are (Milton Keynes) now have 1.9m restrictions. Im not enthusiastic to just drive at them. Perhaps I need a stick 1.9m long to carry in the bck of the van?

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
I agree, the less than 2m is reassuring. From recollection the data sheet on the VW California is a little misleading as the height of the vehicle as stated is not to the top of the pop top but to the original roof height.

However from recollection the height of the MP is 1.98m (actually on the lower part of the dash to right of steering wheel it states 1.99m). This means that it is only around 1/2” (sorry - I still work in imperial measurements ) below 2m. I have never gone under a 2m height restriction- I just think it is too close to call. A 2.1m height restriction is bad enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Mine measures 1.97m. highest point is just about in the middle of vehicle. No awning and 245 45 19 tyres.

I've seen 1.8m and 1.85m signs, Bristol have sub 2m carparks iirc

Steve B

Its one of the issues we have as we use the MP as a car, 1.99 v's a 2.0m is a little close. So I now look out for outdoor carparks and check in streetview to see of there is a restriction bar over the entrance. It is a bit of a pain sometimes as it means preparation rather than just turning up

Grand Tourismo

Would I be talking out of line if I mentioned roof blisters at this point....:D

Seriously though adding a solar panel probably tips most MP's over the 2m limit....I look out for other vans in the car park first.
There is a car park I use which has a fixed bar set at 2m but which is a grass track. The thousands of vehicles passing through have worn ruts in the grass and I regulalry see high top VW's and Transits parked up in there :)

Method7

Yep I spent a while contemplating the accuracy of the height sticker supplied with our MP. I sort of measured it but without level ground and a decent straightedge it’s quite difficult to be accurate… I then concluded that the roof conversion isn’t any higher than the roof bars that would normally be in its place so chose to accept the stated height.

We have used several underground public and private hotel car parks in Europe that have been very close, we have to pull up outside and remove all the surfboards and roof rack and stash them inside before we can proceed. I usually remove the roof rack but used it for some building materials in the spring and decided to leave it on since summer is here and it’s bound to get used more.

it’s the roof rack that will cause us grief because it’s not always fitted..