Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo Horizon

James Dowler

Hello, i am a newbie to the site and looking to purchase a Marco Polo Horizon for my wife and 3 kids to be used as a everyday vehicle with the option of going camping. Please could i get recommendations on what to look for and ask for when looking to purchase. I am looking to add additional seats so making it a 7 seater. Many thanks James

Steve B

H James and welcome - I don't have the horizon so not an expert here. All I can say is that as a large everyday vehicle it works, ours has the kitchen and four seats but is a comfortable drive. There are retro fit options for rear kitchens and fridges, and the advantage is the lower bed is much bigger. Have a look with the search function, there are references to horizon ownership. Availability is more restricted currently and waiting times longer for new vehicles, but that's common with most cars currently

jaffa

Hi James

Horizon owner here. Daily driver for me but have a removable kitchen, fridge, power supply and toilet - best of both worlds (and with a huge lower bed). Happy to help with any questions.

Lee

tomasi

Hi there
Also a very happy Horizon owner. Daily drive, week end moving truck, and holiday camper. All in one.
I have a 7 seater.
I fitted a homemade removable camp kitchen box in the boot, which works great when the weather is nice. Looking into adding a removable pod for winter adventures, close to the one Jaffa has and displays on his great videos which I recommend (@jaffa : thanks by the way, has helped me quite a bit).
Here is my thread to give you some ideas and feed back

James Dowler

Hi James

Horizon owner here. Daily driver for me but have a removable kitchen, fridge, power supply and toilet - best of both worlds (and with a huge lower bed). Happy to help with any questions.

Lee
Hello Lee,
Thank you, I’ve just bought a horizon today, very excited to explore what is has to offer! I’m after two seats to make it a seven seater, do you know where I can buy these and are they easy to fit? I’m after a mattress for the bottom bed and somebody mentioned looking at IKEA. If you can help I’d be very grateful. Thank you James

James Dowler

Hi there
Also a very happy Horizon owner. Daily drive, week end moving truck, and holiday camper. All in one.
I have a 7 seater.
I fitted a homemade removable camp kitchen box in the boot, which works great when the weather is nice. Looking into adding a removable pod for winter adventures, close to the one Jaffa has and displays on his great videos which I recommend (@jaffa : thanks by the way, has helped me quite a bit).
Here is my thread to give you some ideas and feed back
Hello Tomasi,
Thank you for the information, I’ve just purchased the horizon today. I’m after a lower mattress,
Do you know the best places to buy these? I’m also after the two extra seats to make it into a seven seater, do you know where I can buy these? I look forward to hearing from you? Thank you James

tomasi

Hi there,
To buy individual seats I would look on ebay I guess, still the best pick
As for the lower mattress, I got mine off of this website, great quality work.