Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

[Marco Polo 2007 W639] Disassambling internal panels to wire things neatly

jakuza

Hello! First post here. I hope this is the correct forum.

I would like to pimp my Viano-based Marco Polo a bit with electronic gadgets, but while I can find my way to devices, signals, and wires, I am a complete newbie to a car's hardware. I never had one, and now I am wondering how to remove the internal panels of my van to wire my circuits neatly.

I looked for workshop manuals online, with no success.
I looked for videos on YouTube with little success. I only found out how to disassemble the doors. Useful, but not enough!

Can anyone point me to online resources to learn how to remove the internal panels of a Marco Polo, please?

Thank you for your attention.
Have a good day!

--
Jacopo

Steve B

Hi & Welcome - I'm afraid I can't help with your request and most on here are users of the MP rather than serious modifiers. I hope that someone can assist, and I hope you enjoy the camper in whatever form it is

jakuza

Hi & Welcome - I'm afraid I can't help with your request and most on here are users of the MP rather than serious modifiers. I hope that someone can assist, and I hope you enjoy the camper in whatever form it is
Thank you! There are tons of value in a community like this, even if it came out to be only made of users and no 'makers.'
Enjoy your van life too!

Method7

I have had a few panels off and I watched the towBar man route wiring under the foot steps using a long fibreglass wire... so he didn't actually have to remove that many.. i fitted a dash cam with rear camera so had to remove the A pillar and some others. No instructions but there is nothing unusual about the MP all the fixing points are standard trim components, basic tool set and a hand full of trim removal tools should get you off the ground - don't force anything and think why doesn't that want to come off? there is a lot of sealant around the door seals - be careful it can get messy. sorry i cannot be of more help - try your local MB parts department the can print off the exploded views for you

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Hi Jakuza - RealOEM.com has the Mercedes Parts catalogues with the exploded views - will save you a trip to the dealer. There are some good Mercedes forums such as MBClub.co.uk which may have what you are looking for (they were excellent for my S202 wagon) . Otherwise, as Method7 says, a set of Nylon (not metal) trim tools is essential.

Out of interest, what gadgets are you wanting to install?