Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery

funkyegg

Hi lucky Marco Polo owners,

Please can someone kindly share your experience about the leisure battery? I know MP only has only one leisure battery rather than two in the California. How long does it last and do you have to worry about running out of juice? How long does it take to fully charge it both on plug in or driving?

Thanks

Frenchie

That's a very open question. it all depends on what you are planning to power. the battery is only 80ah. so to work out how long it will last you first need to know the amp draw of the items you wish to use. if you are just planning on the fridge, inside lights etc. then one or two days.

BabaJen

It also depends when you are thinking of using it.

I have uprated cells in my Cali and winter in Scotland I was managing 5 days plus without getting worried about running low so I can imagine 3 day should be good for one leisure battery. The external temperature of around freezing in daytime and a lot lower at night helped take the load off the fridge, offset of course by needing lights on quite early in the day.

Summer, South of France, fridge working hard all the time, 3 days max but helped enormously by freezing it down before setting off. With just one battery probably 2 - 3 days is all I would plan for without topping up.