Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen sink

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
what's everyone sink like. ? in the photos ive seen online, it seems that is high polished stainless steel ? Mine is very dull and un-polished ?

FE3A209D-6165-48F8-9AC5-F31220C51026.JPG

Ranger67

I think the shiny one probably scratches more easily. What do people use the sink for? I find that it is really small and other than rinsing out a coffee cup I can't put anything in there to wash.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
I don't know what you'd use I for, ! ive not had the luxury of going out for longer than a day in her yet! I agree, a bit small for a pan bash, but good for some things!

Ranger67

Haha, lucky you. I've not even been out in mine once since I got it last winter. Just in the process during the lockdown of cleaning out the water tank and disinfecting it.

Steve B

Haha, lucky you. I've not even been out in mine once since I got it last winter. Just in the process during the lockdown of cleaning out the water tank and disinfecting it.
What are you using to clean out you fresh water tank? My one outing pre lockdown this year didn't need the water (quick overnight camp with mates and I used a 5lt water carrier) and I emptied the tank last year. I'd like to clean it just in case.

Epigram

I flush my water tank at the end and beginning of the season and use a couple of sterilising tablets. I have a layflat hose for flushing which rolls up into a cassette. It was on offer in Lidls and an opportunistic purchase. I doubt if its drinking grade so I run the hose well before use. In practice it is only used for cleaning the tank and isrelegated to the don't take away pile. I dont put a lot of water in the tank when travelling and I find a collapsible container takes up less space and is more convenient to fill it with a separate old milk bottle in the fridge for drinking. Clearly a wild camping trip (some hope!) would be different.
I don’t think the shiny versus matt sink is an option. I prefer the shiny ones. Mine in matt and I assumed Mercedes/Wesfalia had changed because they scratched. Other than rinsing the odd item a collapsible bowl is more practical.