Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter & 12v Sockets blown

AlexD

I became a bit obsessed by getting an electric kettle to work off grid. I bought a sin wave inverter that was functional in the front lighter socket, but when I pugged in my 1kw kettle it stopped working. I've checked all the fuses I can find (front passenger footwell and behind the table), but can't see a blown one. Is there another fuse box for the 12v socket, or have I blown the socket and need to replace that? Has any-one done the same. I'll use the gas from now on!

I did similar with a fan heater. It didn’t actually blow the socket, took me a long time to figure out but blew the plug converter I was using to plug into the socket. Assuming you have the same a 2 pin socket and using an adapter there? Worth a look if you have.

Attachments

• 9E58BC06-9A9C-409B-875E-3447F6043F47.png
    9E58BC06-9A9C-409B-875E-3447F6043F47.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 15

AlexD

I did similar with a fan heater. It didn’t actually blow the socket, took me a long time to figure out but blew the plug converter I was using to plug into the socket. Assuming you have the same a 2 pin socket and using an adapter there? Worth a look if you have.
Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. It turns out it was a fuse I blew - I was looking in the wrong fuse box!