Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance?

Andofire

Having just had a conversation with Admiral about insurance this year .. up by £132 (approx 1/3rd!!) increase
Has anyone got any ideas as to bets to look at?

The fat controller

Mine has also gone up significantly, I think that's the case across the board with insurance this year unfortunately. Always used comfort who act as brokers, good cover (it seems... Yet to be tested!) and motorhome specific so includes everything. Worth a look if you haven't before, they have always been a good price for me.

Phil Ratcliffe

Have just had my renewal premium from LV and it had gone up from £439 to £582, a 33% increase, any suggestions for an alternative provider? or does this sound reasonable (the quote is fully comp, NCP, legal cover and European breakdown included)

Steve B

Mine has also gone up significantly, I think that's the case across the board with insurance this year unfortunately. Always used comfort who act as brokers, good cover (it seems... Yet to be tested!) and motorhome specific so includes everything. Worth a look if you haven't before, they have always been a good price for me.
We have had a claim through comfort and it was well handled, no issues, no delays. Rare in current times, every time you talk (or chat to a bot) to insurance, utilities, telecoms or general service providers you now expect the worst and 'computer say no' type responses!

Kimmy

Kimmy

VIP Member
Having just had a conversation with Admiral about insurance this year .. up by £132 (approx 1/3rd!!) increase
Has anyone got any ideas as to bets to look at?
I am a new owner but my insurance is £600 pa - not sure how that compares to yours - I am with M & S

PeteC

Hopefully not teaching you to egg suck, but tip from my insurance broker a good few years ago was 'Excess Protect Policy'. i.e. you take out a policy to purely cover your excess, which then allows you to raise your voluntary excess on the main policy. e.g. I paid about £32 for a £600 excess policy and reduced my premium by over £65 by setting a higher voluntary excess. Where that gets interesting is that it can cover any vehicle insurance policy in your name, so if you happen to have the van as a second vehicle alongside another car, you can reduce two premiums! Excess protect is only single use. i.e. one payout in a year, then you'd have to rebuy. Anyway worth a consideration. I've bought from T&R Direct. Equally look at the likes of Quidco for cashback, even if you re-insure with same insurers. At £45 per policy that's not to be sniffed at either and it does pay out (albeit after a time lapse). But sadly general trend is significant increases at renewal :(

R

Rievaulx

VIP Member
Try COMFORT insurance for a quote, very easy process I have only had quotes though, never had to claim. But see the reviews for this company on trustpilot. Just giving you my experience. Good luck!