Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to make use of the space between the front seats?

Roy C

In the equivalent V-class people carrier there is a centre console that is not present on the MP. I thought this may have been removed to allow for the front seats rotation. This omission accounts for some criticism about the lack of cup holders since they are situated there on the people carrier. However there is some space here for something that could be fixed temporarily, at least, to prove a bit of extra storage and maybe even some extra cupholders.

Is anyone aware of any ready-made solutions for something between the front seats or are existing MP owners using the space creatively?

WILLH

My MP which arrived with the dealer on Wednesday has the centre console with sliding lid and 2 cupholders.

funkyegg

My MP which arrived with the dealer on Wednesday has the centre console with sliding lid and 2 cupholders.
Congrats! Pleasr can you confirm if yours is a UK spec'd car and please can you provide some pics. I'm picking up mine early Dec so can't wait

WILLH

Yes UK model.Im picking it up tomorrow hopefully but the whole buying process has been a fiasco and one of the least pleasant car buying experiences I’ve ever had(and I work in car sales myself)Will post up some pics.

It also has the ambient lighting in the dash which I think is missing on some earlier ones.

Roy C

The eBrochure still shows that the V-Class has a centre console with cup holders but the MP doesn't. I found this image (https://goo.gl/images/ym8uJj) on Mercedes-Benz.com, so hopefully something like this.

I would be interested in seeing any pictures you have Will, once you take delivery.

mptripsaway

Yes UK model.Im picking it up tomorrow hopefully but the whole buying process has been a fiasco and one of the least pleasant car buying experiences I’ve ever had(and I work in car sales myself)Will post up some pics.

It also has the ambient lighting in the dash which I think is missing on some earlier ones.
Be interested to see that layout, I cant understand how seats will spin if the V class centre panel is in the middle or where the habitation control panel will sit? I wasn't aware of new mods coming through when I ordered mine. As you say ambient lighting referred to in brochure isn't present in my MP dash, just floor lighting in its place, I spent ages trying to get it to work before realising it didn't have it!:)

Roy C

Be interested to see that layout, I cant understand how seats will spin if the V class centre panel is in the middle or where the habitation control panel will sit? I wasn't aware of new mods coming through when I ordered mine. As you say ambient lighting referred to in brochure isn't present in my MP dash, just floor lighting in its place, I spent ages trying to get it to work before realising it didn't have it!:)

That's what I thought because the brochure also states that the standard V-class doesn't have swivelling seats so it's going to be interesting to see exactly what Will's looks like. Otherwise it might be back to my question on a solution where you can have something between the seats when driving and remove it when needing to swivel.

mptripsaway

Explorer

Seems the new console was included in production from 06/2017.

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/neu...arco-polo-ab-produktion-06-2017-t6008670.html

Reactions: RFT

WILLH

Yes that’s it.

As someone who’s always got a latte or a Diet Coke on the go it pleases me immensely that I now have somewhere to put it!

Likewise the ambient lighting-having been used to it on other MB products I was a bit miffed to find out that (at the time) it wasn’t put on the MP despite it having the capacity for it.

There’s just not having DAB to get used to now!-How can MB charge the best part of £2k for COMAND and it not have DAB!!

Also I only realised yesterday that the MP AMG does not get the AMG side skirts like the V Class-I wonder why this is??

Roy C

That's definitely neater than in the demonstrator I test drove and no central cup holders did seem a strange omission so it's good news that Mercedes seemed to have addressed this from the UK launch version.

Explorer

Do you know if there are any other modifications for 2018 production?

You could select the acoustic package, which adds some measures to bring down the road noise.

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/vit...stikpaket-ab-produktion-06-2017-t6009688.html

There is also the possibility to select the night package, which adds a black grill, black side mirrors and a black top.

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/ab-...-paket-fuer-v-klasse-marco-polo-t6076398.html

Furtheremore there is an option to select the ebony/dark anthracite interior.

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/ab-...enholz-dunkelanthrazit-moeglich-t6110922.html

It's a pity though, that the new engine OM654 (https://www.daimler.com/innovation/diesel/new-diesel-engine-om-654.html) is not ready to be included.
That would have made performance for the RDE much better. I foresee taxes depending on the RDE results in many EU countries.

Reactions: RFT

WILLH

Yes good information thank you.Its such a shame that Mercedes are putting so little effort into selling and marketing the Marco Polo.They really are missing a trick at a time of increased interest in the camper van sector and also the ever increasing list prices of its competitor the California,making(for me at least)the Marco Polo a much better buy-both as a product and also value for money.

mptripsaway

That's definitely neater than in the demonstrator I test drove and no central cup holders did seem a strange omission so it's good news that Mercedes seemed to have addressed this from the UK launch version.
Having bought mine before this mod, is both good and bad, good in that I can easily step from driver seat into the back without anything to trip me up and bad for my wife who will continue to be the cup holder! On a more serious note I'm not sure how much time that cover will be in the closed position given cups, various plug in items and also habitation controls! I do like the cup holders though......bugger!

funkyegg

Thanks Explorer, very good insight indeed. It's good to see this forum has increasing number of posts and people are keen to learn and share all things MP.

My van is arriving at the dealership on 13th but I won't pick it up until 2nd Dec the earliest as I'll be out of the country for s few weeks. I have managed to get a full build list from the dealership ship today and it shows some interesting info which is somewhat consistent with the changes that Explorer shared, e.g. central console with sliding door (maybe with cup holders inside?), also some ambient lighting (but not sure if it's for dashboard). I have attached the full list here and it would be good if existing owners could compare and contrast.

Attachments

• 4528_001.pdf
    240.6 KB · Views: 44

Roy C

Thanks Explorer, very good insight indeed. It's good to see this forum has increasing number of posts and people are keen to learn and share all things MP.

My van is arriving at the dealership on 13th but I won't pick it up until 2nd Dec the earliest as I'll be out of the country for s few weeks. I have managed to get a full build list from the dealership ship today and it shows some interesting info which is somewhat consistent with the changes that Explorer shared, e.g. central console with sliding door (maybe with cup holders inside?), also some ambient lighting (but not sure if it's for dashboard). I have attached the full list here and it would be good if existing owners could compare and contrast.
Clearly it’s not the cabinet lighting though because that’s listed separately

alltorque

Did you order the air heater remote control separately? The new options list does not seem to offer it separately so am hoping that it's included in the £2600 we had to pay!!