Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Horizon sliding door(s)

hi, does anyone know if the Horizon model has sliding doors on both sides? The brochure mentions plural... I think standard V class may do.

Israel

I can’t see the option to order as an extra in the U.K. so it may be standard over here?
Mmm, sorry I can't answer that. At least on Germany, Sweden and Spain is an optional extra. You who drive on the wrong side are always a bit special ( ironic mode here, no bad feelings ;-) )
Seriusly, better if you ring your dealer.
Good luck!

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

AGP

Hi there I have a Horizon and it definitely has twin sliding doors S standard. No option for any more doors! It's a good car

Hi there I have a Horizon and it definitely has twin sliding doors S standard. No option for any more doors! It's a good car
Thanks AGP. I thought so! Do you know which side the awning is fitted? I presume the same side as the standard MP i.e. driver's side (in the UK).

AGP

There are fittings on both sides for an awning. Very flexible it is. Manual roof and rear seat. Carpets throughout.

There are fittings on both sides for an awning. Very flexible it is. Manual roof and rear seat. Carpets throughout.
Thanks. Do you have your Horizon now or are you still looking to buy? I presume the factory fit awning comes on a particular side though? I thought the rear seats were electronic as in the standard MP?

AGP

Thanks. Do you have your Horizon now or are you still looking to buy? I presume the factory fit awning comes on a particular side though? I thought the rear seats were electronic as in the standard MP?

I think we may have spoken at cross purposes. I think you mean the factory fitted wind-out canopy whereas I was referring to a tent-like awning that you might buy separately and fit and remove as required (eg. a drive-away awning). There is an awning slot that is factory fitted on both sides of the van. This takes a kador bead which is the awning fitting that slides into this slot (I think these are the correct terms). This means that you can fit an awning both sides of the van.
The wind-out canopy that I think you are referring to is fitted on the driver's side of the standard Marco Polo because that is the side that has the single sliding door. However on a Horizon, there are electric sliding doors on both sides, so I cannot see why you could not have it fitted on either or both sides. You would have to ask Mercedes about this, but I know that you can fit them afterwards and I presume they can be fitted on either side. It would be more sensible to fit one on the passenger side of course, but we drive on the wrong side of the road!!
The Horizon rear seat is definitely manual. I have had mine for about 3 months now.
Good luck, Graham
Show quoted text

Nelson400

Hi! We have had new MP Horizon for approx 4 months now - love it. It definitely has sliding doors on both sides (which was one of the several reasons we chose it over the equivalent Cali Beach), and the awning when it arrived was fitted to the drivers side.
Best wishes
C