Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Horizon bench seat - does it lock flat?

Marc'sMarco

Hi guys. My first newbie question. I have a Horizon. My question is - does the bench lock in the flat/ bed position on its own? Mine doesn't and I don't know if this is design or a fault. I am considering putting a kitchen in the back of the van which requires removal of the rear leaf. From what I can tell the leaf is an integral part of the bed in that it holds the bench flat with the heavy flap. All help appreciated.

Method7

Hi @Marc'sMarco, I’m not sure what you mean about the leaf? Maybe shelf?… if so the shelf is easily removed, there are two locks on the base that you twist 90° and you can lift it out of the runners. As for the bed, I don’t think it locks flat.. ours has never locked flat… but it’s never moved either. Would be interested to see how you get on with the kitchen install..

Steve&Max

Hi @Marc'sMarco, I’m not sure what you mean about the leaf? Maybe shelf?… if so the shelf is easily removed, there are two locks on the base that you twist 90° and you can lift it out of the runners. As for the bed, I don’t think it locks flat.. ours has never locked flat… but it’s never moved either. Would be interested to see how you get on with the kitchen install..
Hi @marc’smarco, seat section of bed definitely stays in recline position with rear shelf section removed . With regards to kitchen set up we use a van gear nano pod in our Horizon and it works perfectly it’s also easily removed or installed when required .
Good luck Steve

Marc'sMarco

Hi. Thanks for the reply - and sorry for such a slow response. I did mean the shelf. Thanks for confirming on the bed. It does lie flat more or less but if you sit on the bed while it is reclined it starts to lift up. The heavy flap on the shelf seems to be needed to limit this.